from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Dividing Calculator is an online tool that divides a number and displays the quotient and the remainder. The process of splitting up large numbers into equal smaller groups is known as division.
What Is a Dividing Calculator?
Dividing Calculator is an online tool that performs long division given a divisor as well as a dividend and displays the quotient and the remainder. Division can be thought of as repetitive subtraction. To use the Dividing Calculator, enter the values in the given input boxes.
How to Use the Dividing Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to divide any two positive whole numbers using the dividing calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath's online dividing calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the dividend and the divisor in the input boxes.
- Step 3: Click on "Divide" to get the quotient and the remainder.
- Step 4: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Does Dividing Calculator Work?
Division is one of the primary arithmetic operations along with multiplication, addition, and subtraction. Say, we want to arrange students for an assembly into rows. Then, we use the concept of division to organize them equally into groups. The two symbols that are used to denote division are '÷' and '/ '. Long division is the most commonly used method of dividing two numbers. The terms used in division are as follows:
- Dividend - is the number that is divided. Thus, this is the total that needs to be shared.
- Divisor - is the number that divides the dividend. The divisor denotes the number of equal groups that need to be created.
- Quotient - is the result obtained. The quotient can be thought of as the number of shares in each group.
- Remainder - is the part that is left, if the number is not fully divisible. This implies that the remaining share that is not part of any group is represented as the remainder.
If we want to verify the result of our division we can substitute the required values in the formula given below:
Dividend = (Divisor × Quotient) + Remainder.
Solved Examples on Division
Example 1: Divide 435 by 4 and verify it using the dividing calculator.
On dividing 435 by 4 we get 108 as the quotient and 3 as the remainder.
Example 2: Divide 105 by 8 and verify it using the dividing calculator.
On dividing 105 by 8 we get 13 as the quotient and 8 as the remainder.
Now, use the above calculator and divide the following numbers:
- Dividend = 17 and Divisor = 5
- Dividend = 78 and Divisor = 23
☛ Math Calculators: