The Probability calculator finds the probability of an event based on the favorable outcomes and the total outcomes. In mathematics, probability describes the occurrence of an event.
What is a Probability Calculator?
Probability Calculator is an online tool that helps find an event's occurrence out of the total outcomes. It helps calculate the chance of an event in a few seconds. To use this probability calculator, enter values in the input box.
*Use 5 digits only.
How to Use Probability Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the probability using an online probability calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online probability calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the favorable outcome and the total number of outcomes value in the input box of the probability calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the probability of an event.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Probability Calculator Works?
The Probability of an event is defined as the ratio of favorable outcomes to the total number of outcomes. The probability of any event always lies between 0 and 1. To calculate the probability of any event we divide the favorable outcomes by the total number of outcomes.
Solved Example on Probability
Example 1: What is the probability of selecting a black ball from a bag containing 4 yellow balls, 6 blue balls, 8 red balls, and 3 black balls? Verify it using the probability calculator.
Total number of possible outcomes = 21
Favorable outcomes = 3
Probability = 3/21
Probability = 1/7 = 0.14
Thus, the probability of selecting a black ball from the given bag is 1/7 or 0.14
Similarly, to find the probability of an event, you can try the probability calculator for the following:
- Find out the probability of getting chocolate if the bag contains 10 chocolates and 5 toffees.
- What is the probability of getting 6 as a number when the dice rolled thrice?
☛ Also check,