Area Calculator computes the area for the given geometrical shape in square units. Area is defined as the space enclosed within the boundaries of a two-dimensional shape. There are different formulas for calculating the area of various 2-D figures.
What is Area Calculator?
Area Calculator is an online tool that helps to calculate the area of a circle, square, triangle, rectangle, and quadrilateral. The area of any object is expressed as square units. To use this Area Calculator, enter the values in the input boxes.
How to Use Area Calculator?
Please follow the steps below to find the area using the online area calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online area calculator.
- Step 2: Choose a shape from the drop-down menu and enter the values in the input boxes of the area calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the area.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Does Area Calculator Work?
The geometrical shapes whose area can be computed using the calculator are given below:
1. Area of a triangle: A triangle is a closed polygon with 3 angles, 3 vertices, and 3 sides. The area of a triangle is equal to half of the base times height. The formula to calculate the area of a triangle is:
Area of a triangle = 1 / 2 × (base × height) square units.
2. Area of a square: A square is a closed two-dimensional shape with four equal sides and four right angles. The area is equal to the square of its side length. The formula to calculate the area of a square is:
Area of a square = side × side = s2 square units.
3. Area of a rectangle: A rectangle is a figure in which the opposite sides are parallel and equal in length. Further, all its angles measure 90 degrees. The area of a rectangle is equal to the length times its width. The formula to calculate the area of a rectangle is:
Area of a rectangle = (Length × width) square units
4. Area of a quadrilateral: A quadrilateral is a closed shape that is obtained by joining four points among which any three points are non-collinear. The formula to calculate the area of a quadrilateral is:
Area of a quadrilateral = diagonal × (sum of the heights) square units
5. Area of a circle: The curve traced by a point moving with respect to a fixed point is known as a circle. The formula to calculate the area of a circle is:
The area of a circle = π r2 square units
Where r is the radius of the circle and π is a constant that takes the value 3.14 or 22/7.
Solved Examples on Area
Example 1: Find the area of a triangle if height = 4 units and base = 5 units and verify it using the area calculator.
Given: height = 4 units and base = 5 units
The area of a triangle = 1 / 2 × base × height
= 1 / 2 × 5 × 4
= 10 square units
Example 2: Find the area of a circle whose radius is 5 units and verify it using the area calculator.
Given: r = 5 units
The area of a circle = π r2
= 3.14 × 52
= 78.5 square units
Similarly, you can try the area calculator to find the area for:
- Square whose side a = 2 units
- Rectangle whose length = 8 units and breadth = 7 units
☛ Math Calculators: