The area is defined as the number of unit squares that can be fit into it and it is measured in square units.
What is Area Calculator?
Cuemath's Area Calculator is an online tool that helps to calculate the area of a given geometry shape. Cuemath's online Area Calculator helps you to calculate the area within a few seconds.
How to Use Area Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the area:
- Step1: Choose a drop-down to find the area for different geometry shapes.
- Step2: Enter the values in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the area.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and find the area for different geometry shapes.
How to Find Area Calculator?
There are different geometry shapes to find the area.
1. Area of a triangle: The area of a triangle is defined as the total space occupied by the three sides of a triangle in a 2-dimensional plane. The area of a triangle is equal to half of the base times height. The formula to calculate the area of a triangle is:
Area of a triangle = 1 / 2 × (base × height) square unit(s)
2. Area of a square: A square is a closed two-dimensional shape with four equal sides and four equal angles. It is equal to the product of the length of its two sides. The formula to calculate the area of a square is:
Area of a square = side × side = s2 square units
3. Area of a rectangle: The area of a rectangle is equal to its length times its width. The formula to calculate the area of a rectangle is:
Area of a rectangle = (Length × breadth) square units
4. Area of a quadrilateral: A quadrilateral is a closed shape that is obtained by joining four points among which any three points are non-collinear. The formula to calculate the area of a quadrilateral is:
Area of a quadrilateral = diagonal ×(sum of the heights) square unit(s)
5. Area of a circle: The area of a circle is the space occupied by the circle in a two-dimensional plane. The formula to calculate the area of a circle is:
The area of a circle = π r2 square units
Where r is the radius of the circle.
Solved examples on area calculator
Example1: Find the area of a triangle if height = 4 units and base = 5 units
Given: height = 4units and base = 5 units
The area of a triangle = 1 / 2 × base × height
= 1 / 2 × 5 × 4
= 10 square units
Example2: Find the area of a circle whose radius is 5 units?
Given: r = 5 units
The area of a circle = π r2
= 3.14 × 52
= 78.5 square units
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find the area for:
- Find the area of a square whose side a = 2 units
- Find the area of a rectangle whose length = 8 units and breadth = 7 units