Cubic Feet Calculator
What is a Cubic Feet Calculator?
A Cubic Feet Calculator is an online tool that calculates the volume of a cuboid using width, length and height measurements. This calculator helps you to calculate faster and gives you the result within a few seconds.
How to Use the Cubic Feet Calculator?
Follow these steps which will help you to use the calculator.
- Step 1: Enter the values of length, width and height of the cuboid and select its unit in feet, inches, yards, cms and meters from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Click on "Calculate" to convert the selected values to cubic feet.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new values.
How to convert to cubic feet
The following conversion factors are used to convert the respective units to cubic feet.
- length(feet) × width(feet) × height(feet) = cubic feet
- length(inches) × width(inches) × height(inches) ÷ 1728 = cubic feet
- length(yards) × width(yards) × height(yards) × 27 = cubic feet
- length(cm) × width(cm) × height(cm) ÷ 28316.846 = cubic feet
- length(meters) × width(meters) × height(meters) × 35.315 = cubic feet
Let us understand the conversion of the above units to cubic feet with the help of the following example.
Find the volume of a box of dimensions 4 ft × 4 ft × 5 ft.
To find the volume of a cubical foot, we will first have to measure the three dimensions, that is, length, breadth, and height of the solid in feet, and then find the product of the three dimensions to get the volume, therefore,
Volume of the box = 4 × 4 × 5 = 80 ft3 or cubic foot.
Now, try to solve the following problems:
- Find the volume of a solid of dimension 11yards × 5yards × 10yards in ft3.
- Find the volume of a solid of dimension 220cms × 25cms × 50cms in ft3.