Cubic Feet Calculator
Cubic Feet Calculator is an online tool that calculates the volume of a cuboid and performs unit conversions to represent the volume in cubic feet. The volume of a cuboid can be computed by multiplying the length, width, and height.
What is a Cubic Feet Calculator?
Cubic feet calculator is used to compute the volume of a cuboid and express it in cubic feet. A cuboid is a three-dimensional solid shape bound by 6 quadrilateral faces. To use the cubic feet calculator, enter the values in the input boxes and choose the unit from the drop-down list.
Cubic Feet Calculator
How to Use the Cubic Feet Calculator?
Follow the steps listed below to find the volume of a cuboid and convert its units by using the online cubic feet calculator.
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath's online cubic feet calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the values in the input boxes and choose the unit from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Click on "Calculate" to compute the volume, perform unit conversions and display it in cubic feet.
- Step 4: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How Does Cubic Feet Calculator Work?
The volume of most 3-dimensional objects can be calculated by multiplying the base area by its height. Suppose we have a cuboid with length (l), width (b), and height (h). The formula for the volume is given as:
Volume of a cuboid = l × b × h.
Here, the base area (rectangular in shape) is given by l × b.
The following conversion factors are used to convert the respective units to cubic feet.
- length (feet) × width (feet) × height (feet) = cubic feet
- length (inches) × width (inches) × height (inches) ÷ 1728 = cubic feet
- length (yards) × width (yards) × height (yards) × 27 = cubic feet
- length (cm) × width (cm) × height (cm) ÷ 28316.846 = cubic feet
- length (meters) × width (meters) × height (meters) × 35.315 = cubic feet
To convert units from one to another we will need to use the unitary method. Depending upon the type of conversion we will either have to multiply or divide the volume by the given conversion factors.
Solved Examples on Cubic Feet
Example 1: Find the volume of a box of dimensions 4 ft × 4 ft × 5 ft and verify it using the online cubic feet calculator.
Volume of the box = 4 × 4 × 5 = 80 ft3.
Example 2: Find the volume of a box of dimensions 3 m × 5 m × 6 m in ft3 and verify it using the online cubic feet calculator.
Volume of the box = 3 m × 5 m × 6 m = 90m3.
We have to multiply the volume by a conversion factor of 35.315 to convert it from m3 to ft3.
This volume of the box = 90 × 35.315 = 3178.35 ft3
Now, try to find the volume in the given units by using the online cubic feet calculator:
- Find the volume of a cuboid with dimensions 11 yards × 5 yards × 10 yards in ft3.
- Find the volume of a cuboid with dimensions 220 cms × 25 cms × 50 cms in ft3.
☛ Math Calculators: