Table of Contents
|2.||Maths GK Quiz for Class 1|
|3.||Science Quiz Questions for Class 1|
|4.||General: GK Quiz for Class 1|
The formative years of 0-6 are the most crucial in developing a child’s association with the world. And therefore, to give general knowledge inputs to the child up to and especially in class 1 goes a long way in preparing a child to live with ease in society.
The general knowledge (GK) component in a child’s education gives the child a basic understanding of the world in which they live.
|Check out Top GK Questions Classwise|
|50 GK Questions for Class 2|
|50 GK Questions for Class 3|
|50 GK Questions for Class 4|
|50 GK Questions for Class 5|
|50 GK Questions for Class 6|
|50 GK Questions for Class 7|
|50 GK Questions for Class 8|
GK Questions for Class 1
GK Questions for Class 1: Maths
Here is a list of GK questions with answers in English for class 1 that will help them in their future. Parents can now rest assured that their child gets a chance to gain more awareness with these GK sample questions for class 1. They can think of these GK questions for class 1 with the answers as a warm-up activity that prepares young students for the challenges ahead.
The math questions covered under GK for class 1 test a child’s understanding of shapes, size, increase/decrease, and direction.
The idea is to test whether the child sees structure and form in the world and whether they can assess change and quantify it.
|📥||Gk Questions Class 1|
1. What would you call this?
2. In which direction is the arrow pointing?
3. Which figure is bigger, Figure A or Figure B?
4. Which of these is a rectangle: Figure A or Figure B?
5. How many sides does an octagon have?
6. If this is a straight line, what kind of line is this:
|A slanting line|
7. What is the shape of the sun?
8. Rohan has some ice cream cones. If he gives some cones to his friend, he will be left with
- More cones than before
- Less cones than before
|Less cones than before|
9. My mother has 3 spoons. If I give her some more spoons, she will have
- More than 3 spoons
- Less than 3 spoons
|More than 3 spoons|
10. What is the given figure called?
11. Finish the sequence: 9, 18, 27, __
12. Your mom gave you 12 candies. Your brother took away 3 candies from you, but then your mother gave you 5 more candies. How many candies do you have?
13. If you started doing your homework at 11 am and finished it at 1pm, how much time did you take?
14. Finish the sequence: 4, __, 12, 16
GK Questions for Class 1: Science
A child co-exists in a world with various elements of nature, which include animals, birds, and plant life. Besides, the child depends on and is affected by water bodies, various land surfaces, and celestial bodies.
Lack of acquaintance with these will hamper the child’s understanding of physical existence in the world and thereby inhibit personal and intellectual growth.
Such inputs automatically feed the child’s natural curiosity about the world. And hence, besides being essential, this knowledge is extremely interesting for a child. This section covers the critical GK questions related to the natural world for class 1 students.
15. Which part of a plant is under the ground?
16. On which part of a plant do bees and butterflies sit on?
17. Leaves are attached to which part of a tree?
18. Which animal has tusks made of ivory?
19. This small creature is seen on walls. It has four legs, it is grey, and it eats insects. It looks like a little crocodile. What is it?
20. What is the colour of a ripe banana?
21. What is the colour of the moon?
22. How many planets revolve around the sun?
23. Name the colours of the rainbow in the right order.
|Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet|
24. Is a beach found near an ocean or a mountain?
25. Which is bigger: a river or an ocean?
26. What is the largest animal on earth?
|Antarctic Blue whale|
27. How do kangaroos carry their offsprings?
|In their pouch|
28. The Offspring of cats are called ___?
29. What do humans breathe to survive?
30. Which is the world's tallest animal?
GK Questions for Class 1: General knowledge
In this section, we offer GK questions related to the general world for class 1 students. The moment a human being is born, they become a part of the society. And society has its codes, rules, regulations, and laws.
Children automatically learn these through instructions given to them and by observing the adults around them.
Hence, in this section, we cover a range of questions that test the child’s familiarity with the general surroundings, their bodies, people who perform various roles in their lives, etc.
31. What do we say when someone does something nice for us?
32. Where do we throw away trash?
|In the dustbin|
33. Who makes furniture from wood?
34. When a light or fan stops working, who do we call to help us?
35. At what time of the day do we have lunch?
|In the afternoon|
36. What is cheese made of?
37. On which day every year, do we celebrate Independence Day in India?
38. Who was the first Prime Minister of our country?
39. Who is called the father of our nation?
|Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi|
40. How does sugar taste?
41. To protect ourselves from the rain, we hold an __________________ in our hand.
42. In which season do we wear a sweater?
43. How many hours make a day?
44. 365 is the number of ___________________ in a year.
45. Which day comes after Tuesday?
46. When we feel hungry, which part of our body feels empty?
47. On which part of our body do we wear a watch?
48. What should we do to our hands before we begin eating?
49. Which is faster? Aeroplane or Bicycle
50. Which animal is known as the king of the jungle?
We have provided a list of easy core GK questions that should be a necessary component of any class 1 child’s knowledge base. These, of course, are sample questions to illustrate the key GK areas that need to be covered by a class 1 student.
There’s always scope to go beyond these subjects. Your class 1 child could be interested in languages or sports or art, let them take their pick. Do write back to us to offer any feedback about the kinds of questions asked, the areas covered, the language, or anything else that you think needs to be modified. Also, if you have any questions, we’d love to hear from you.
Cuemath, a student-friendly mathematics and coding platform, conducts regular Online Classes for academics and skill-development, and their Mental Math App, on both iOS and Android, is a one-stop solution for kids to develop multiple skills. Understand the Cuemath Fee structure and sign up for a free trial.