Here is a list of GK questions with answers in English for class 8 that will help them in their future. Parents can now rest assured that their child gets a chance to gain more awareness with these GK sample questions for class 8. They can think of these GK questions for class 8 with the answers as a warm-up activity that prepares young students for the challenges ahead.
Maths plays an important role when it comes to understanding subjects like physics, social science, chemistry, etc. Quiz questions for class 8 with answers show the way to build mental discipline and encourage mental rigor and logical reasoning.
1. Mention any four rational numbers which are less than 5?
-1, 1, 2 and 3
2. What is the multiplicative inverse of -3/11 and -3?
-3/11 = -11/3 and -1/3
3. Name the additive and multiplicative identities of rational numbers.
1 and 0
4. What is the associative property applicable to?
Addition and multiplication
5. What is the multiplicative identity of rational numbers?
6. Which is the smallest perfect number?
7. What is QAD?
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
8. What is the sum of the first four odd natural numbers?
9. What are the two classifications of the surface area of a hemisphere?
CSA(Curved Surface Area) and TSA(Total Surface Area)
10. Give two real-life examples of hollow hemispheres.
Coconut shell and bowl
11. What are the first ten prime numbers?
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29
12. How many factors do a prime number have?
1 and the number itself
13. What is an algebraic expression with one term called?
14. What type of term 2x+7y is?
15. Which bar graph shows data in intervals?
16. What is a whole unbroken line called in a line graph?
17. How many centimetres make a decameter?
18. Which is the only number that cannot be used as a divisor?
19. What is the ratio of 10 metres to 10 km?
20. What is the percentage of 2:5?
Gk questions for class 8: Science
Science makes us think and work logically. Gk quiz questions for class 8 science helps students develop skills like critical thinking and problem-solving.
These two qualities are extremely important, not just inside the classroom, but in life as well. General knowledge questions and answers for class 8 science takes students beyond textbook science.
21. Name 2 diseases caused by a virus.
Polio and Chicken Pox
22. Which animal never drinks water in its entire life?
23. Name the common preservative used in pickles and jam.
24. Which food contains lactobacillus?
25. Name the process which converts sugar into alcohol by yeast.
26. Which microbe carries malaria?
Female Anopheles mosquito
27. Name the three mediums through which sound can travel.
Solid, liquid, and gas
28. What is “time-period”?
The time taken by an object to complete one oscillation is called a “time-period”.
29. What does friction produce?
30. What is the physical phase of life called?
Gk questions for class 8: Sports
Sports help us to learn more about our physical and mental capabilities. Gk quiz questions for class 8 teach us to stay healthy and encourage students to cultivate a strong presence of mind.
Gk quiz questions for class 8 with answers help a student to stay updated with current world sports news. Physical fitness plays a role in students’ academic performance too. Reading and gaining knowledge about successful athletes also inspires students.
31. What is the national game of Bangladesh?
32. What is the national game of Australia?
33. In which country is golf played as the national game?
34. Name the national sports of Tajikistan.
35. What is the motto of the International Olympic Committee?
Faster, Higher, Stronger
36. Who among the following was the first black Formula One World Champion in history?
37. Which country has the most number of golf courses in the world?
United States of America
38. What is the duration of a Test Match?
39. Who is the current President of the International Olympic Committee?
40. Which is the most successful team in Men’s Hockey World Cup championship?
41. Which male athlete has won the maximum number of gold medals in the World Championships in Athletics?
42. Which country is the “country of origin” of taekwondo?
Gk questions for class 8: General
General knowledge questions and answers for class 8 is important to create self-awareness within the students and for them to know more about society and the environment. Gk quiz questions for class 8 with answers also help to build a student’s confidence level.
43. Who was awarded the Lokmanya Tilak National Journalism Award in the year 2020?
Sanjay Gupta (editor-in-chief of Jagran)
44. Who was awarded Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Award for Excellence?
Dr M S Swaminathan
45. Which district was awarded the Plastic Waste Management Award 2020?
Dibrugarh district during Swachhta Hi Sewa 2019
46. Which district is awarded the Swachhata Darpan Award 2020?
47. Who was awarded the Prem Bhatia Award for political reporting for his work on issues related to the COVID19 pandemic?
48. Who received the Richard Dawkins award 2020?
49. Who was awarded Karmaveer Chakra Award instituted by the United Nations and International Confederation of NGO?
50. When is earth day observed?
These questions and answers for gk shall help students learn innumerable facts related to different subjects. Attempting to know about a variety of subjects doesn’t just help students gain more valuable knowledge, it also helps them to figure out their strengths and weaknesses.
This is what helps them to prepare for a better future. Familiarising themselves with general knowledge questions and answers for class 8 is also just as important as learning about the other subjects.
If you have any more inputs for general knowledge questions and answers for class 8, please feel free to comment.
Cuemath, a student-friendly mathematics and coding platform, conducts regular Online Live Classes for academics and skill-development, and their Mental Math App, on both iOS and Android, is a one-stop solution for kids to develop multiple skills. Understand the Cuemath Fee structure and sign up for a free trial.