Volume of Cylinder
What is Volume of Cylinder Calculator?
Volume of Cylinder Calculator is a free online tool which helps to calculate the volume of a cylinder with the given radius and height. In Cuemath's calculator, enter the values of the radius and height to find the volume of a cylinder within a few seconds.
Note: Enter numbers up to 3 digits.
How to Use the Volume Of Cylinder Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use the calculator and find the volume of a cylinder:
- Step 1: Enter the radius and height of the cylinder in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the volume of the cylinder.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Find the Volume Of a Cylinder?
The volume of a cylinder is the capacity of the cylinder or the measure of the amount of space it occupies. It is calculated with the help of the formula, πr2h, where r is the radius of the circular base, h is the height of the cylinder and π(Pi) is a mathematical constant with an approximate value of 3.14. The values of the radius and height are placed in the formula to get the volume of the cylinder.
A cylinder has a radius of 3 units and a height of 5 units. Find the volume of the cylinder.
The formula used to find the volume of a cylinder = πr2h. The radius = 3 units, height = 5 units. So, we will substitute the values:
Volume of a cylinder = πr2h
= 3.14 × 3 × 3 × 5
= 141.3 units\(^3\)
∴ Volume of the cylinder = 141.3 units\(^3\)
Now, you can try the calculator to find the volume of cylinders with the following dimensions:
- Find the volume of a cylinder whose radius is 7 units and height is 14 units.
- Find the volume of a cylinder whose radius 24 units and height is 345 units.