IMO Result and Awards (2019)
- IMO, or the International Math Olympiad, is one of the oldest and most prestigious Olympiads held annually by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). It is held to identify mathematical knowledge and creativity in students from a very young age and to encourage them to pursue it.
- SOF has been on this wonderful journey from 25 years to promote a learning process through Olympiads and to improve the competitive spirit and cognitive power among students across the world. IMO stands as a testament to that fact.
- For all the students who are willing to harness their mathematical knowledge through this opportunity, all the details of the Olympiad will be updated on the official website of SOF. However, we have brought you all the information here for your benefit.
Latest Schedule for the 13th International Math Olympiad 2019:
|Name of the Exam||Date|
|IMO 1st Level Exam||5th December & 17th December 2019|
|IMO 2nd Level Exam||2nd or 3rd Sunday of February 2020|
|IMO Exam Results||Level 1 - January 2020
Level 2 - April 2020
How to check IMO Result:
To check the IMO 2019 Result, keep your roll number and hall ticket handy and follow the given steps.
- Go to the official SOF website.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Your IMO results will be displayed.
- You can keep a copy of the same for future purposes.
Criteria for Qualification for Level 2 of IMO Exam (Class 3 onwards)
Students fulfilling either of the following 3 criteria will qualify for 2nd level IMO exam:
- Top 5% of students, class wise who appear for the 1st level exam. Due priority to marks scored in different sections will be given.
- Zone wise top 25 rank holders from each class.
- Class topper from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks. In case registration is received section wise, students with the highest marks, irrespective of section will qualify for the 2nd level. For section wise registrations, winner(s) of gold medal may not necessarily qualify for the second level.
In case two or more students score same total marks, higher rank will be awarded to student scoring higher marks in sections accorded higher priority.
Criteria for Ranking in Level 2 of IMO Exam
In case of level 2 exams, ranks will be accorded on the following criteria:
Total Marks scored in level 2 exam.
In case two or more students score the same number of marks, ranks will be determined on the following criteria:
- Marks scored in sections in level two exam accorded higher priority.
- Total marks scored in Level one exam.
- Marks scored in sections, in level one exam, accorded higher priority.
In case two or more students score the same marks under all the categories above, they will be awarded the same rank.
Awards and Scholarships
- For the academic year 2019-20, SOF will spend over Rs. 18 Crores on awards, Scholarships, gifts & felicitations etc.
- The following awards will be provided to the winners of SOF International Mathematics Olympiad being held during the academic year 2019-20.
AWARDS/SCHOLARSHIPS - STUDENTS
- International and Zonal topper awards will be provided to 2nd level winners. For classes 1 & 2, awards will be provided to 1st level winners.
- Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam. The winners will be entitled to the higher-level award only. For e.g., the international top 3 rank holders will be entitled to awards based on their International ranks. Awards accruing to them for Zonal ranks will be given to the next rank holder. Similarly, class award accruing to a Zonal award winner will be given to the next rank holder.
AWARDS FOR LEVEL TWO PERFORMANCE & FOR CLASSES ONE & TWO
|AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL|
|RANK||SCHOLARSHIPS||NO. OF AWARDS|
|1st||Rs.50,000/- Each + Gold Medal*+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance||12|
|2nd||Rs.25,000/- Each + Silver Medal*+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance||12|
|3rd||Rs.10,000/- Each + Bronze Medal*+ Certificate of Outstanding Performance||12|
|AT ZONAL LEVEL|
|RANK||SCHOLARSHIPS||NO. OF AWARDS|
|1st||Rs.5,000/- Each + Gold Medal*+ Certificate of Zonal Excellence||252|
|2nd||Rs.2,500/- Each + Silver Medal*+ Certificate of Zonal Excellence||252|
|3rd||Rs.1,000/- Each + Bronze Medal*+ Certificate of Zonal Excellence||252|
|4th to 10th||Gifts Worth Rs.1000/- Each + *Medal of Distinction + *Certificate of Distinction + **Certificate of Zonal Excellence||1764|
|11th to 25th||**Certificate of Zonal Excellence + *Medal of Distinction + *Certificate of Distinction||3780|
|Rank 26+||Merit Certificate||All|
*Medal of Distinction + Certificate of Distinction will be awarded for 1st level Ranks.
**Certificate of Zonal Excellence will be awarded for final Ranks.
*Medals are Gold / Silver / Bronze colour plated as applicable
**For classes one & two only
AWARDS FOR LEVEL ONE PERFORMANCE
|AT ZONAL LEVEL|
|RANK||SCHOLARSHIPS||NO. OF AWARDS|
|1 to 25||Medal of Distinction** + Certificate of Distinction||6300|
|Rank 26+||Participation Certificate||All|
**For classes three to twelve
In case two or more students achieve the same rank, cash award in the applicable category will be distributed as under:
International Winners -
- For up to 9 students getting same rank, award amount will be distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- In case 10 & more students get same rank, in lieu of cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth Rs.1,000/- each + a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
Zonal Winners -
- For up to 4 students getting same rank, award amount will be distributed equally. In addition, each winner will be awarded a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
- In case 5 & more students get same rank, in lieu of cash award, each winner will be awarded gifts worth Rs.1,000/- each + a medal (in the applicable category) and a Certificate.
AT SCHOOL LEVEL
1. Medals to Class Toppers.
- Where 10 or more students from a class (including all sections) write an exam – the top three rank holders will be awarded a gold, silver and bronze medal respectively.
- Where between 5 to 9 students from a class (including all sections) write an exam – the topper awarded a gold medal.
- In addition to above, for each section from a class, from where 10 or more students write an exam – the top three rank holders will be awarded a gold, silver and bronze medal respectively.
- All students whose sections are not indicated will be allocated section “X” by default.
2. Student Performance Report (SPR) for each participating student.
- Every student who appears in SOF IMO is provided with a Student Performance Report (SPR). An SPR is a detailed analysis of how the student attempted the 1st level Olympiad exam.
- The objective of SPR is to share with the student and her / his parents, analysis of student’s answers. This is expected to enable the student to understand her/his strengths and areas requiring improvement in absolute terms and also on a competitive scale consisting of lacs of students of her/his class who appeared for the Olympiad.
The SPR consists of six sections:
- Section A – provides the student’s marks and rank achieved in School / City / Zone / at international level.
- Section B – provides a section wise performance score of the student.
- Section C – provides correct answers to questions asked in the Olympiad exam, the answers given by the student and performance comparison of the student’s answers vs other students in the Zone and at the international level.
- Section D – provides a percentage score analysis of the student with a comparison with the Class, City, Zone and international level.
- Section E – provides a comparison of average marks analysis at the School, City, Zone and international level.
- Section F – provides a comparison of the student’s performance in the Olympiad exams during the past 9 years.
3. Participation Certification to each student.
4. Merit Certificate to 2nd level participants
5. Top 25 rank holders from each class in the Olympiad exam will be awarded Medals of Distinction. This will be applicable for winners from 21 Zones for performance in the 1st level Olympiads/ single level Olympiads.
Frequently Asked Questions on Math Olympiad
- Are there any IMO Sample Papers for a student going to write the test for the first time?
Yes, all the schools registered with the SOF are sent sample papers for IMO. Even the authority’s official website has IMO sample papers for class 1 to class 12. You will benefit from them for both the levels of the exam. Also, you can practice using Cuemath’s IMO Sample Papers. In IMO Sample Papers, you will find that the content is quite elaborate and explanatory. We have included detailed step by step solutions that will prove powerfully helpful in your preparation for IMO. Our approach to problem-solving has been fine-tuned by the in-house math experts. Primarily, and wherever feasible, we help the students to locate the given information in the problem itself, to understand what is required to be derived or calculated, and to develop solid reasoning before attempting the solution (charting a clear path from given information to finding the unknown).
- When is the Math Olympiad Result declared?
After the examinations are over, the IMO Result will be declared within 8 weeks. You can see it on the official website. The IMO 2nd level results are also sent to the respective schools.
- Can a school with less than 10 students interested in the International Math Olympiad enroll for the tests?
No, it is necessary for a school to have a minimum of 10 students taking part in the examination to allow it to become a centre in the SOF IMO.
- What are the criteria for Ranking in IMO Level 2 Exam?
In case of IMO Level 2 exam, ranks will be accorded on the following criteria:
- Total Marks scored in Level 2 exam
- In case two or more students score the same number of marks, ranks will be determined on the following criteria:
- Marks scored in sections in Level 2 exam accorded higher priority
- Total marks scored in Level 1 exam
- Marks scored in sections, in the Level 1 exam, accorded higher priority
- In case two or more students score the same marks under all the categories above, they will be awarded the same rank