Is 421 a Prime Number?
Is 421 a prime number? A prime number is divisible only by 1 and itself, which means it has no other divisor except 1 and the number itself. On the contrary, composite numbers have more than two factors. To determine if 421 is a prime number or composite, we need to divide it with numbers from 1 to 421. To find out the answer to this question "is 421 is a prime number" and to gain a detailed understanding of "how and why is 421 a prime number?" Let's learn more.
- Is 421 a prime number? - Yes
- Is 421 a composite number? - No
- Prime Factors of 421 - 421
- Is 421 a perfect square? - No
- Factors of 421 - 1, 421
Is 421 a Prime Number?
Yes, 421 is a prime number. The number 421 is divisible only by 1 and the number itself. For a number to be classified as a prime number, it should have exactly two factors. Since 421 has exactly two factors, i.e. 1 and 421, it is a prime number.
How is 421 a Prime Number?
To understand whether 421 is prime or composite, it is important to find its factors.
Factors of 421: 1, 421
Therefore, we can say that 421 is a prime number since it has only 2 factors.
Is 421 a Composite Number?
No, since 421 has only two factors, i.e. 1 and 421. In other words, 421 is not a composite number because 421 doesn’t have more than 2 factors.
|Is 421 a Prime Number?||Yes|
|Is 421 a Composite Number?||No|
|Cube Root of 421||7.494796|
|Multiples of 421||421, 842, 1263, 1684, 2105, 2526, 2947, 3368, 3789, 4210|
|Is 421 a Perfect Cube?||No|
|Is 421 an Odd Number?||Yes|
|Is 421 an Even Number?||No|
|Is 421 a Perfect Square?||No|
|Square Root of 421||20.518285|
- Prime numbers greater than 5 can be represented in the form of either 6n + 1 or 6n - 1. Example - 89 is a prime number and it can be written as 89 = 6 × 15 - 1
- All primes except 2 are odd.
- Euler discovered a polynomial n2 + n + 41 that produces prime numbers for values of n that lie between 0 and 39 inclusive. It can generate 40 prime numbers for 0 <= n <= 39.
☛ Also Check:
- Is 1000 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 279 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 1 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 577 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 457 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 251 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 433 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 108 a Prime Number? - No