Prime Number Calculator
Cuemath's online calculator helps you to identify a prime number
What Is a Prime Number Calculator?
A prime number calculator is a free online tool that calculates and tells if a given number is a prime number or not.
Cuemath's online calculator helps you to identify a prime number within a few seconds.
How to Use the Prime Number Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter any number in the input box.
- Step 2: Click on "Go" to know whether the number entered is a prime number or not.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new number.
How to Find Prime Numbers?
Any whole number greater than 1 is either a prime number or a composite number. If the number has exactly two factors, 1 and itself, it is defined as a prime number.
Follow these steps to find out if the number is prime or not:
- Write all the factors of the given number.
- Count the factors.
- If the number of factors are 2 (1 and the number itself), then the given number is prime.
- If the number of factors are more than 2, then the given number is NOT prime (in that case, it is called a composite number).
Is 11 a prime number?
The number 11 has only two factors, 1 and 11
Therefore, 11 is a prime number.
- 13 is a prime number
- 29 is a prime number
Now, you can use the calculator and check if the following numbers are prime or not: