LCM Calculator is an online tool that calculates the Least Common Multiple (LCM) of a given set of numbers. The LCM of two or more numbers is defined as the common multiple with the smallest value shared by all numbers.
What Is an LCM Calculator?
LCM calculator helps to determine the LCM of two or more given numbers. The LCM of two or more numbers is the smallest value that is completely divisible by each of the given numbers. To use the LCM calculator, enter the numbers, within brackets, separated by commas in the input box.
How to Use the LCM Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to find the LCM of the given numbers using the LCM calculator
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath's online LCM Calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the numbers within brackets separated by commas in the input box.
- Step 3: Click on 'Calculate' to get the LCM of the numbers.
- Step 4: Click on 'Reset' to clear the field and enter new values.
How Does LCM Calculator Work?
There are several different methods that can be used to calculate the LCM of numbers. Some are given as follows:
1. Listing Method
- Make a list of the first few multiplies of each of the given numbers.
- Note down the multiples common to all numbers.
- The common multiple with the lowest value will be the LCM of all the given numbers.
2. Prime Factorization Method
- Write each of the given numbers as a product of their prime factors.
- Multiply the prime factors of all the numbers. Ensure that common factors are included only once.
- The resulting product will be the LCM of the numbers.
3. Division Method
- Write all given numbers in a row.
- Find the smallest prime number, say x, that is a factor of at least one of the given numbers.
- This number is written to the left of all the given numbers. (column 1)
- Check if x is a factor of any of the given numbers.
- If yes, divide that number by x and write the quotient in the row below.
- If no, then write the number itself in the row below.
- Continue steps 2 to 5 till you are left with only co-prime numbers.
- To get the LCM, multiply all the prime numbers written in the first column.
Solved Examples on LCM Calculator
Find the LCM of 4 and 5. Verify the result using the online LCM Calculator.
Using the Listing Method we get
LCM (4, 5) = 20
Find the LCM of 3, 6, and 8. Verify the result using the online LCM Calculator.
Using the Division Method
LCM (3, 6, 8) = 24
Now, try the LCM calculator to find the LCM of the following set of numbers.
- 168, 252, 288
- 16, 24, 128
☛ Related Articles:
☛ Math Calculators: