Solve For x Calculator
Solve For x Calculator finds the value of x for the given equation. When the value of x is substituted in this equation the left-hand side should be equal to the right-hand side of the equation, that is, L.H.S = R.H.S.
What is Solve For x Calculator?
Solve For x Calculator is an online tool used to calculate the value of one variable for the given equation. Such calculators are very useful in solving algebraic equations that have varying degrees. Students can easily solve complicated problems with this calculator. To use this solve for x calculator, enter the equation in the input box.
Solve for X calculator
*Use x as the unknown variable in the polynomial
How to Use Solve For x Calculator?
Please follow the below steps to find the value of x using an online solve for x calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online solve for x calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the polynomial in the input box of the solve for x calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Solve" button to find the value of x.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter a new equation.
How Does Solve For x Calculator Work?
An algebraic expression can be defined as a mathematical expression that consists of coefficients, variables, and constants. The terms of such an expression are linked together by addition, subtraction, multiplication, and exponentiation. When two algebraic expressions are combined with the help of an "equal to" sign, an equation is formed. Given below are the steps to solve such an equation.
- Bring the variable (x in this case) to the L.H.S of the equation.
- Bring the constant terms to the R.H.S of the equation.
- By performing the required arithmetic operations solve the R.H.S.
- If x has any coefficients then divide both the L.H.S and R.H.S with this number.
- Further, if the degree of x is 1 then we have found the value of x.
- Suppose the degree of x is n (where n is any number greater than 1). Then we have to take the nth root of the equation to obtain the value of x.
Solved example on Solve for x:
Example 1: Solve the value of x for given x2 - 25 = 0 and verify it using the solve for x calculator.
x2 - 25 = 0
x2 = 25
x = +5, -5
Therefore, the value of x is -5 and 5.
Example 1: Solve the value of x for given 3x + 6 = 0 and verify it using the solve for x calculator.
3x = -6
x = -6/3
x = -2
Similarly, you can use the solve for x calculator to find the value of x for the following:
- 5x3 + 2x + 5
- 4x2 + 5x - 7
☛ Math Calculators: