Square Feet Calculator
Square Feet calculator converts numbers with the units of square meters, square inches, square yards into square feet. Square foot is the imperial unit as well as the US customary unit used to denote the area of different shapes.
What is a Square Feet Calculator?
Square Feet Calculator is an online tool used to convert the area expressed as different units into square feet. In real life, square feet is used to represent the area covered by a building or a housing space. To use this square feet calculator, enter the value in the input box.
Square Feet Calculator
*Use 5 digits only.
How to Use the Square Feet Calculator?
Follow these steps to convert the value in square feet using an online square feet calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online square feet calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the number in the input box of the square feet calculator and choose the unit from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: Click on the "Calculate" button to convert the value into square feet.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Does Square Feet Calculator Work?
Whenever we convert one unit to another, we need to follow the unitary method. Thus, we can say that unit conversion involves division or multiplication by a certain numerical factor. Such a numerical factor is also known as the conversion factor. In other words, a conversion factor can be defined as a designated number that helps to convert one set of units to another by using arithmetic operations such as multiplication and division. We can use the following conversion factors to change a given unit into square feet.
- To convert square yards to square feet, the conversion factor = 9. This implies that 1 square yard = 9 square feet.
- To convert square meters to square feet, the conversion factor = 10.7639. Hence, we can say that 1 square meter = 10.7639 square feet.
- To convert square inches to square feet, the conversion factor = 0.00694444 meaning that 1 square inch = 0.00694444 square feet.
Suppose the area of a certain figure is n square yards. We want to convert this into square feet. According to the unitary method, we will find the value of 1 square yard in terms of square feet. Then we will multiply this value by n. As we already know that 1 square yard = 9 square feet (conversion factor), hence, we multiply n by 9 to get the area in square feet.
Solved Examples on Square Feet
Example 1: Convert 12,000 square inches into square feet and verify it using the square feet calculator.
The conversion factor from square inches to square feet is as follows.
1 square inch = 0.00694444 square feet
Hence, 12000 square inches = 12000 × 0.00694444 square feet
= 83.3 square feet
Therefore, 12,000 square inches is equal to 83.3 square feet.
Example 2: Convert 5 square yards to square feet and verify it using the square feet calculator.
The conversion factor from square yards to square feet is as follows.
1 square yard = 9 square feet
Hence, 5 square yards = 9 × 5 square feet.
= 45 square feet.
Thus 5 square yards is equal to 45 square feet.
Now, try the square feet calculator to convert the following dimensions into square feet.
- 800 square meters
- 2000 square yards
☛ Math Calculators: