Height of a Cylinder
'Cuemath's height of the Cylinder Calculator' is a free online tool that helps to calculate the height of a cylinder with the given radius and volume.
What is the Height of a Cylinder?
In Cuemath's calculator, enter the values of the radius and volume to find the height of a cylinder within a few seconds.
Note: Enter numbers up to three digits.
How to Use the Height of a Cylinder Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use the calculator and find the height of a cylinder:
- Step 1: Enter the radius and volume of the cylinder in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the height of the cylinder.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Find the Height Of a Cylinder?
To find the height of the cylinder, we need the input values of the radius and volume of a cylinder. The volume of a cylinder is the capacity of the cylinder or the measure of the amount of space it occupies. It is calculated with the help of the formula, πr2h, where r is the radius of the circular base, h is the height of the cylinder, and π(Pi) is a mathematical constant with an approximate value of 3.14. The values of the radius and volume are placed in the formula to get the volume of the cylinder.
Therefore, the height of a cylinder is calculated with the help of the formula, V/ πr2.
A cylinder has a radius of 4 units and a volume of 251.33 cubic units. Find the height of the cylinder.
The formula used to find the volume of a cylinder = πr2h. The radius = 4 units, volume = 251.33 cubic units. So, we will substitute the values:
Volume of a cylinder = πr2h
height of a cylinder = V/ πr2.
= 251.33 / 3.14 × 42
= 251.33 / 50.24
= 5.002 units.
Therefore, the height of the cylinder = 5.002 units.
Now, you can try the calculator to find the height of the cylinder with the following dimensions:
1) Find the height of a cylinder whose radius is 8 units and volume is 1231.5 cubic units.
2) Find the volume of a cylinder whose radius 10 units and height is 3455.75 cubic units.