Square Root of 164
The square root of 164 is expressed as √164 in the radical form and as (164)½ or (164)0.5 in the exponent form. The square root of 164 rounded up to 7 decimal places is 12.8062485. It is the positive solution of the equation x2 = 164. We can express the square root of 164 in its lowest radical form as 2 √41.
- Square Root of 164: 12.806248474865697
- Square Root of 164 in exponential form: (164)½ or (164)0.5
- Square Root of 164 in radical form: √164 or 2 √41
|1.||What Is the Square Root of 164?|
|2.||Is Square Root of 164 Rational or Irrational?|
|3.||How to Find the Square Root of 164?|
|4.||FAQs on Square Root of 164|
What Is the Square Root of 164?
The square root of a number n is written as √n. This number when squared or multiplied by itself results in the original number n. The square root of 164 can be written in multiple ways:
- Radical form: √164 = 2√41
- Decimal form: 12.806
- Exponent form: (164)1/2
Is Square Root of 164 Rational or Irrational?
How to Find the Square Root of 164?
There are 2 ways to find the square root of 164:
- Long Division Method
- Prime Factorization
One can find out other methods by clicking here.
Long Division Method
The square root of 164 by long division method consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Starting from the right, we will pair up the digits of 164 by putting a bar above 64 and 1 separately. We also pair the 0s in decimals in pairs of 2 from left to right.
- Step 2: Find a number which, when multiplied by itself, gives a product less than or equal to 1. This will be 1 obviously, so place 1 in the quotient and the divisor's place, which will result in the remainder being 0.
- Step 3: Drag down 64 beside the remainder 0. Also, add the divisor to itself and write it below. (1+1=2)
- Step 4: Find a number X such that 2X × X results in a number less than or equal to 64. The number 2 fits here so fill it next to 2 in the divisor as well as next to 1 in the quotient.
- Step 5: Find the remainder and now drag down the pair of 0s from the decimal part of the number. Adding X to the divisor, the new divisor becomes 24.
- Step 6: Repeat this process to get the decimal places you want.
Therefore, the square root of 164 = 12.806
- To find the square root of 164, we shall first express it in terms of its prime factors.
164 = 2 × 2 × 41
- Next, this can be reduced further to
164 = 22 × 41
- Finally, to find the root of this from here it is very easy,
√164 = √(22 × 41)
√164 = 2√41 = 12.806
Therefore, the square root of 164 ≅ 12.806
Explore square roots using illustrations and interactive examples
- There are positive and negative root of 164: 12.806 and -12.806
- There will be n/2 digits in the square root of an even number with n digits.
- There will be (n+2)/2 digits in the square root of an odd number with n digits.
Example 1: Mike wants to cover his room's floor with tiles and needs to know the floor dimensions. The floor is square-shaped and it has an area of 164 square feet. What will be the length of the room's floor? Round your answer to the nearest tenth.
Let us assume that the length of the room is x feet. Then the area of the room's floor is x2 square feet. By the given information:
x2 = 164
x = √164 = 12.806 feet
The final answer is rounded to the nearest tenth. Hence, the length of the room is 12.8 feet.
Example 2: What is the radius of a circular park having an area of 328π square feet?
The area is found using the formula of the area of a circle, which is πr2. By the given information,
πr2 = 328π
r2 = 164 × 2
r = √2 × 12.8 = 18.1
Therefore, the radius of the circle is ≅ 18 feet (approx.)
Example 3: If the area of an equilateral triangle is 164√3 in2. Find the length of one of the sides of the triangle.
Let 'a' be the length of one of the sides of the equilateral triangle.
⇒ Area of the equilateral triangle = (√3/4)a2 = 164√3 in2
⇒ a = ±√656 in
Since length can't be negative,
⇒ a = √656 = 2 √164
We know that the square root of 164 is 12.806.
⇒ a = 25.612 in
FAQs on the Square Root of 164
What is the Value of the Square Root of 164?
The square root of 164 is 12.80624.
Why is the Square Root of 164 an Irrational Number?
Upon prime factorizing 164 i.e. 22 × 411, 41 is in odd power. Therefore, the square root of 164 is irrational.
If the Square Root of 164 is 12.806. Find the Value of the Square Root of 1.64.
Let us represent √1.64 in p/q form i.e. √(164/100) = 1.64/10 = 1.281. Hence, the value of √1.64 = 1.281
Evaluate 6 plus 6 square root 164
The given expression is 6 + 6 √164. We know that the square root of 164 is 12.806. Therefore, 6 + 6 √164 = 6 + 6 × 12.806 = 6 + 76.837 = 82.837
What is the Value of 9 square root 164?
The square root of 164 is 12.806. Therefore, 9 √164 = 9 × 12.806 = 115.256.
What is the Square of the Square Root of 164?
The square of the square root of 164 is the number 164 itself i.e. (√164)2 = (164)2/2 = 164.