Subtracting Integers Calculator
Subtracting Integers Calculator is a free online tool that is used to calculate the difference between any two integers.
What is Subtracting Integers Calculator?
Subtracting Integers Calculator is a free online tool that is used to calculate the difference between any two integers. Cuemath's 'Subtracting Integers Calculator' helps you to calculate faster and finds the difference between any two integers within a few seconds.
How to Use the Subtracting Integers Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two integers in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Subtract" to find the difference between them.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new set of numbers.
How to Subtract Integers?
While subtracting two integers, we come across the following cases:
- Subtraction of two positive numbers- While subtracting two positive numbers we take the difference of absolute values of both the numbers and attach the sign of the greater number with the answer.
- Subtraction of a positive number and a negative number- While subtracting a positive and a negative number, we take the sum of the absolute values of both the numbers and attach the sign of the minuend with the answer.
- Subtraction of two negative numbers- While subtracting two negative numbers, we just have to remember one rule that whenever there is a negative sign outside the bracket, the sign of the term inside the bracket will be changed. Then, we take the difference of the absolute values of both the numbers and attach the revised sign of the greater number with the answer.
Subtract (-9) from 5.
To subtract (-9) from 5 means that we can write it as:
5 - (-9)
Here we are subtracting a negative integer and a positive integer, so the answer will be:
5 - (-9) = 5 + 9
∴ 5 - (-9) = 14.
Now, use the above calculator to find the difference of the following integers:
- Subtract 9 from (-2)
- Subtract (-45) from (-30)