Subtracting Decimals Calculator
Subtracting Decimals Calculator is online tool which helps to find difference between two decimals.
What is a Subtracting Decimals Calculator?
'Subtracting Decimals Calculator' is an online tool which subtracts two decimal numbers and displays their difference. Cuemath's 'Subtracting Decimals Calculator' gives you the difference of any two decimal numbers within a few seconds.
Note: Enter up to 4 digits before the decimal point.
How to Use the Subtracting Decimals Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two decimal numbers in the input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Subtract" to get the difference of the numbers entered.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new set of numbers.
How to Subtract Decimals?
Decimal numbers are subtracted in the same way as we subtract whole numbers. The only thing to be kept in mind is the alignment and placing of the decimal and the numbers in order.
Decimal numbers are subtracted using the following steps:
- Write the numbers such that the decimals are aligned one below the other.
- Place zeros in the blank places if the length of the decimal numbers are not the same.
- Now, find the difference of the decimal numbers.
Observe the example given below.
Subtract 2.56 from 45.4.
Place the decimal numbers in the following way and subtract them.
Therefore, the difference of 45.4 and 2.56 is 42.84.
Now, use the calculator to subtract the following decimal numbers:
- 3.98 from 446.08
- 66.8 from 70.6