MXX Roman Numerals
MXX Roman Numerals can be written as numbers by combining the transformed roman numerals i.e. MXX = M + X + X = 1000 + 10 + 10 = 1020. The higher roman numerals precede the lower numerals resulting in the correct translation of MXX Roman Numerals. In this article, we will explain how to convert MXX Roman numerals in the correct number translation.
- MXX = M + XX
- MXX = 1000 + 20
- MXX = 1020
How to Write MXX Roman Numerals?
The numerical value of MXX Roman Numerals can be obtained by using any of the two methods given below:
Method 1: In this method, we break the roman numerals into single letters, write the numerical value of each letter and add/subtract them.
- MXX = M + X + X = 1000 + 10 + 10 = 1020
- MXX = M + XX = 1000 + 20 = 1020
Therefore, the numerical value of MXX roman numerals is 1020.
☛ Also Check: Roman Numerals Calculator
What are the Basic Rules to Write Roman Numerals?
- When a bigger letter precedes a smaller letter, the letters are added. For example: LI, L > I, so LI = L + I = 50 + 1 = 51
- When a smaller letter precedes a bigger letter, the letters are subtracted. For example: IV, I < V, so IV = V - I = 5 - 1 = 4
- When a letter is repeated 2 or 3 times, they get added. For example: MMM = M + M + M = 1000 + 1000 + 1000 = 3000
- The same letter cannot be used more than three times in succession.
Numbers Related to MXX Roman Numerals
Roman numerals were used in ancient Rome and utilized combinations of letters using the Latin alphabets I, V, X, L, C, D, and M. It may seem different than numbers, but they are similar. For example, MXX Roman numerals are equivalent to the number 1020. The roman numerals related to MXX are given below:
- MXX = 1000 + 20 = 1020
- MXXI = 1000 + 20 + 1 = 1021
- MXXII = 1000 + 20 + 2 = 1022
- MXXIII = 1000 + 20 + 3 = 1023
- MXXIV = 1000 + 20 + 4 = 1024
- MXXV = 1000 + 20 + 5 = 1025
- MXXVI = 1000 + 20 + 6 = 1026
- MXXVII = 1000 + 20 + 7 = 1027
- MXXVIII = 1000 + 20 + 8 = 1028
- MXXIX = 1000 + 20 + 9 = 1029
MXX Roman Numerals Examples
Example 1: Find the Difference Between MXX and CLXVI.
Roman Numeral MXX is equal to 1020 and CLXVI is 166.
Now, MXX - CLXVI = 1020 - 166 = 854
Since, 854 = DCCCLIV
Therefore, MXX - CLXVI = DCCCLIV
Example 2: Find the Product of Roman Numerals MXX and I.
MXX = 1000 + 20 = 1020 and I = 1
Now, MXX × I = 1020 × 1 = 1020
Since, MXX = 1000 + 20 = 1020
Therefore, MXX × I = MXX
Example 4: Find the Sum of MMCCCXL and MXX Roman Numerals.
MMCCCXL = 2000 + 300 + 40 = 2340 and MXX = 1000 + 20 = 1020
Now, MMCCCXL + MXX = 2340 + 1020 = 3360
Since, MMMCCCLX = 3000 + 300 + 60 = 3360
Therefore, the sum of MMCCCXL and MXX roman numerals is MMMCCCLX
FAQs on MXX Roman Numerals
What does MXX Roman Numerals Mean?
We will write MXX Roman numerals in the expanded form to determine its value. MXX = M + X + X = 1000 + 10 + 10 = 1020. Hence, the value of Roman Numerals MXX is 1020.
How is Roman Numerals MXX Written in Numbers?
To convert MXX Roman Numerals to numbers, the conversion involves breaking the Roman numerals on the basis of place values (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands), like this:
- Thousands = 1000 = M
- Tens = 20 = XX
- Number = 1020 = MXX
Why is 1020 Written in Roman Numerals as MXX?
We know that in roman numerals, we write 10 as X, and 1000 as M. Therefore, 1020 in roman numerals is written as MXX = M + XX = 1000 + 20 = MXX.
What Should be Subtracted from MXX to Get DCCCXXXI?
First, we will write MXX and DCCCXXXI in numbers, i.e. MXX = 1000 + 20 = 1020 and DCCCXXXI = 800 + 30 + 1 = 831. Now, 1020 - 831 = 189. And 189 = CLXXXIX. Therefore, CLXXXIX should be subtracted from MXX roman numerals to get DCCCXXXI.
What is the Remainder when MXX is Divided by VIII?
MXX = 1020 and VIII = 8 in numbers. On dividing 1020 by 8, it leaves a remainder of 8. Now, 4 = IV Therefore, when MXX is divided by VIII, the remainder is IV.
☛ Related Articles: