Multiplying Integers Calculator
Multiplying Integers Calculator is a free online tool that helps you to multiply any two integers whether they are positive or negative.
What is Multiplying Integers Calculator?
Cuemath's 'Multiplying Integers Calculator' helps you to calculate faster and gives you the product of any two integers within a few seconds.
How to Use the Multiplying Integers Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two integers that you want to multiply, in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Multiply" to get the product of the integers.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new set of numbers.
How to Multiply Integers?
Integers are a set of positive and negative numbers including zero. They do not have any fractional or decimal part. Multiplication of integers is the same as the multiplication of whole numbers, except for a few rules related to the positive and negative sign.
When we multiply integers, we come across three combinations of numbers:
- Multiplication of 2 positive numbers
- Multiplication of 2 negative numbers
- Multiplication of 1 positive and 1 negative number
The sign of the product of the above combination of numbers depends on the following rules:
|Types of Integers||Result||Example|
|If both integers are positive||Positive||2 × 5 = 10|
|If both integers are negative||Positive (Two negatives make a positive)||–2 × –3 = 6|
If 1 is positive and 1 is negative
|Negative||–2 × 5 = –10|
Mulltiply (-6) by 9.
To multiply (-6) by 9, we will use the third rule given in the table above, where the sign of the product will be negative.
Therefore, the product of (-6) × 9 = -54.
Now try to use the calculator to multiply the following integers:
- 4 × (-12)
- (-9) × (-9)