Factors calculator computes the factors of the given number such that when the factor values are multiplied by each other, we get the original number. A factor can be defined as an integer that divides the given number exactly without leaving any remainder.
What is a Factors Calculator?
Factors Calculator is an online tool that helps find the factors for the given number. We can calculate the factors of a number both by division as well as multiplication. When factors are multiplied they yield the original number. To use this factors calculator, enter the value in the input box.
NOTE: Enter value upto three digits only.
How to Use the Factors Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to calculate factors of the given number using the online factors calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online factors calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the number in the input box of the factors calculator
- Step 3: Click on the "Find" button to find the factors.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Does Factors Calculator Work?
Suppose we multiply two whole numbers. This gives us a product. These two numbers are also known as the factors of the product. The factor of a number will be a whole number. Decimals and fractions cannot be factors of a number. The number 2 will always be one of the factors of an even number. If a number has 5 in its units place then 5 will always be a factor of such a number. Suppose a number greater than zero, has 0 in its units place. Then 2, 5, and 10 will definitely be factors of such a number. One of the best ways to solve algebraic expressions is by factoring them. Given below are the steps to factorize a number using the multiplication method.
- Express the number as a product of 2 numbers.
- Find all possible unique combinations to write the given number as a product of 2 whole numbers.
- List down all these combinations, without repetition.
- The numbers used in the different products will give us the factors of the given number.
Solved Examples on Factors Calculator
List the factors of 28 and verify them using the factors calculator.
28 can be factorized in the following way:
1 × 28 = 28
2 × 14 = 28
4 × 7 = 28
Thus, the factors of 28 are 1, 2, 4, 7, 14, and 28.
List the factors of 92 and verify them using the factors calculator.
92 can be factorized in the following way:
1 × 92 = 92
2 × 46 = 92
4 × 23 = 92
Thus, the factors of 28 are 1, 2, 4, 23, 46, and 92.
Similarly, you can try the factors calculator to find the factors for the following:
☛ Related Articles:
☛ Math Calculators: