Factors calculator computes the factors of the given number such that when the factor values are multiplied by each other, we get the original number. A factor can be defined as an integer that divides the given number exactly without leaving any remainder.
What Is a Factors Calculator?
Factors Calculator is an online tool that helps find the factors for the given number. We can calculate the factors of a number both by division as well as multiplication. When factors are multiplied they yield the original number. To use this factors calculator, enter the value in the input box.
*Use only 2 digits.
How to Use the Factors Calculator?
Follow these simple steps to calculate factors of the given number using the online factors calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online factors calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the number in the input box of the factors calculator
- Step 3: Click on the "Find" button to find the factors.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values.
How Does Factors Calculator Work?
Suppose we multiply two whole numbers. This gives us a product. These two numbers are also known as the factors of the product. The factor of a number will be a whole number. Decimals and fractions cannot be factors of a number. The number 2 will always be one of the factors of an even number. If a number has 5 in its units place then 5 will always be a factor of such a number. Suppose a number greater than zero, has 0 in its units place. Then 2, 5, and 10 will definitely be factors of such a number. One of the best ways to solve algebraic expressions is by factoring them. Given below are the steps to factorize a number using the multiplication method.
- Express the number as a product of 2 numbers.
- Find all possible unique combinations to write the given number as a product of 2 whole numbers.
- List down all these combinations, without repetition.
- The numbers used in the different products will give us the factors of the given number.
Solved Examples on Factors
Example 1: List the factors of 28 and verify them using the factors calculator.
28 can be factorized in the following way:
1 × 28 = 28
2 × 14 = 28
4 × 7 = 28
Thus, the factors of 28 are 1, 2, 4, 7, 14, and 28.
Example 2: List the factors of 92 and verify them using the factors calculator.
92 can be factorized in the following way:
1 × 92 = 92
2 × 46 = 92
4 × 23 = 92
Thus, the factors of 28 are 1, 2, 4, 23, 46, and 92.
Similarly, you can try the factors calculator to find the factors for the following:
☛ Math Calculators: