International Math Olympiad is a renowned math competition with a huge number of applicants registering annually. The IMO registration process is mandatory for all students to participate in this exam. This process involves various steps such as filling in the application form, payment of the application fee, etc. Students have to complete all these steps in the registration process before the IMO registration due date. Since IMO is a famous exam, there are plenty of applicants enrolling for it each year. Therefore it is recommended that the students should do the registration early to avoid any last-minute troubles. More details about the IMO registration process can be found below.
IMO Registration Process
There are two ways students can register for SOF IMO:
- First, they can register through their respective schools.
- Second, they can apply individually for this exam.
Students studying in the schools participating in IMO can complete their registration process through their schools. There are at least 10 students registered for the IMO exam from each school. However, during this current pandemic situation, many schools are unable to participate in the IMO exam. So the students can register individually by submitting the online application through SOF website.
Registration Through School
The registration process for the IMO exam through school is as follows:
- Students can obtain the IMO Registration Form through their schools.
- A prospectus along with the registration forms is sent to all SOF registered schools. For schools that are not registered with SOF, the prospectus can be requested by sending an e-mail at the SOF official website.
- Applicants can fill in all relevant details in the IMO registration forms and submit them to their respective schools.
- The schools should return the properly filled registration forms to SOF before the due date.
Online Registration for IMO exam
For students studying in the schools not participating in the IMO exam, students can register online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Students have to visit the official SOF website for IMO exam registration.
- Students have to fill in all their basic details like their school name, address of school, their name, their class, section, etc. Students must ensure to provide the accurate details as roll number, test links, guidelines, etc. will be sent through SMS/E-mail.
- Next step is to select the Olympiad name, which is the International Math Olympiad exam.
- Students have to choose their preferred mode of delivery for IMO books(Online/Offline).
- Lastly, students have to fill in the captcha and click on “Submit” to proceed with the payment.
- After the registration fee and book charges are paid the IMO registration process is complete.
IMO Registration Fee
There is an application fee of Rs. 125 applicable for each student from India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal. For students from other countries, the application fee is US$9 per student. Schools may collect some additional charge of ₹25 for other expenses or remuneration to teachers for guiding and teaching. In case of students suffering from any major physical disability, there is no registration fee.
IMO Registration Dates
Science Olympiad Foundation announces all IMO related information on its official website. Students can find the IMO registration dates by visiting the official website of SOF.
IMO Registration Eligibility Criteria
The International Math Olympiad is conducted in two stages-- Level-1 and Level-2. The eligibility criteria for the Level-1 IMO exam registration are pretty moderate. All students studying classes 1 to 12 are eligible to register for the IMO Level-1 exam. To register for the SOF IMO level-2 exam students have to qualify the level-1 IMO exam.
Mode of IMO Application
The mode of applying for the IMO exam through school is offline. SOF provides the registration forms and all other necessary details to the school authorities. Students can contact their teacher/concerned authority to obtain the same. For students applying individually the mode of application is online. Students can submit the registration form and make payment online.
IMO Roll Numbers
IMO Exam Roll Numbers are produced by the concerned school authorities in accordance with the guidelines provided by SOF. The schools send a copy of these roll numbers and other details to the SOF office prior to the form submission date. The SOF foundation then lists the registering school and the student’s details. It further dispatches question papers and instructions for conducting the examination to the school. Students participating individually can obtain their roll number through email and SMS sent to their registered email ID/phone number.
FAQs on IMO Registration
What is IMO registration?
Students have to do IMO registration to participate in the IMO exam. There are two ways to perform IMO registration. Students can either register through their schools or register individually. SOF sends all the necessary exam details to the registered school. For students applying individually, students have to do it online.
Is the IMO registration process compulsory to participate in IMO?
The IMO registration process is compulsory for all students wishing to appear in the IMO exam. It is recommended that students should submit the application form and registration fee on time to avoid inconvenience.
What is the Fee for International Math Olympiad Registration?
The fee for the International Math Olympiad registration fee is Rs 125 for all students from India, Bhutan, Nepal, and Bangladesh. Students from International schools have to pay the registration fee of USD 9 for IMO.
What is the IMO registration process through School?
IMO registration process through school involves the following steps:
- Obtain the IMO Registration Form through the concerned school authorities.
- Fill and submit the IMO registration form to the school.
- The duly filled registration form is sent to the SOF through school.
Is the IMO registration fee for Indian and International Schools same?
The IMO registration fee for Indian and International schools is not the same. While students studying in schools of India, Bhutan, Nepal, and Bangladesh have to pay a registration fee of Rs.125, the students of other International schools have to pay 9 US$.