Vector Subtraction Calculator
Vector subtraction is the operation of subtracting two or more vectors together into a vector difference.
What is Vector Subtraction Calculator?
'Vector Subtraction Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the difference between the two given vectors in a few seconds.
How to Use Vector Subtraction Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the coefficients of two vectors in the given input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on the "Subtract" button to calculate the difference between the two given vectors
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Find Vector Subtraction Calculator?
Vectors are quantities with both magnitude and direction. Vectors help to simultaneously represent different quantities in the same expression.
The standard form of representation of a vector is:
A1 = a1i^ + b1j^ + c1k^
A2 = a2i^ + b2j^ + c2k^
A1 - A2 = (a1 - a2)i^ + (b1 - b2)j^ + (c1 - c2)k^
Where a1, b1, c1, and a2, b2, c2 are numeric values, and i^, j^, k^ are the unit vectors along the x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis respectively.
Find the subtraction of two vectors a = 4i + 2j – 5k and b = 3i – 2j + k ?
Given a = 4i + 2j – 5k and b = 3i – 2j + k
a - b = (4i + 2j – 5k) - (3i – 2j + k)
= (4 - 3)i + (2 + 2)j + (-5 - 1)k
= i + 4j - 6k
Similarly, you can use the calculator to find the difference between two vectors for the following:
- a = 4i + 2j - 5k and b = -1i + 4j - 3k
- a = -2i - 5k and b = -7i + j + k