Area of Trapezoid calculator
Area of Trapezoid calculator is a free online tool that helps to find the area of a given trapezoid.
What Is Area of a Trapezoid Calculator?
A trapezoid (trapezium) is a quadrilateral in which one pair of opposite sides are parallel. The area of a trapezoid is the number of unit squares that can fit into it. Cuemath's Area of a Trapezoid Calculator' is an online tool that calculates the area of a trapezoid within a few seconds.
How to Use the Area of a Trapezoid Calculator?
Please follow the steps mentioned below to use the area of a trapezoid calculator.
- Step 1: Enter the value of parallel sides and height of the trapezoid in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Calculate" to find the area of the trapezoid.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Calculate the Area of a Trapezoid?
The area of the trapezoid is calculated by measuring the average of the parallel sides and multiplying it with its height. The area of a trapezoid whose length of parallel sides are 'a' and 'b' and height 'h' is calculated by the following formula:
Area of Trapezoid (A) = h × (a+b)/2
Let us look at an example and learn how to find the area of a trapezoid.
Find the area of a trapezoid whose parallel sides are of length 7 units and 11 units respectively and height is 6 units.
Here the values of a, b and h are 11, 7, and 6 respectively.
Substituting the values of a, b, and h in the formula of area of a trapezoid:
Area of trapezoid = h × (a+b)/2
= 6 × (11+7)/2
= 6 × 18/2
= 6 × 9
= 54 square units
Therefore, the area of the trapezoid is 54 square units.
Now, use the calculator and find the area of trapezoid whose length of parallel sides and height are as follows.
- Length of parallel sides = 20 units and 12 units, Height = 10 units
- Length of parallel sides = 100 units and 61 units, Height = 43 units