Equivalent Ratio Calculator
The ratio is defined as the relation between the quantities of two or more objects and it indicates the amount of one object contained in the other.
What is the Equivalent Ratio Calculator?
'Equivalent Ratio Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the equivalent ratios for the given ratio. Online Equivalent Ratio Calculator helps you to calculate the equivalent ratios for the given ratio in a few seconds.
NOTE: Equivalent ratios of any undefined ratio will also have undefined values. For example, 2:0, 4:0, 6:0 etc. are undefined values.
NOTE: Enter the values up to three digits only.
How to Use the Equivalent Ratio Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1- Enter the ratio in the given input box.
- Step 2- Click on "Find" to find the equivalent ratios for the given ratio.
- Step 3- Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new values.
How to Find Equivalent Ratio?
We use the ratio while comparing the relationship between two numbers or quantities.
The general form of representing a ratio of two quantities 'a' and 'b' is a:b. The fraction form that represents this ratio is a / b, where 'a' is the numerator and 'b' is the denominator.
For example, 1:2, 2:4, 4:8, and 5:10 are all equivalent ratios.
Find equivalent ratios of 4:5
To get the equivalent ratios of a given ratio, we multiply its numerator and denominator by the same number.
- So, to get the first equivalent fraction, let's multiply 4:5 by 2:2. (4 × 2 : 5 × 2 = 8:10)
- To get the second equivalent fraction, let's multiply 4:5 by 3:3. (4 × 3 : 5 × 3 = 12:15)
- To get the third equivalent fraction, let's multiply 4:5 by 4:4. (4 × 4 : 5 × 4 = 16:20)
Similarly, you can find for n number of equivalent ratios.
Therefore, 8:10, 12:15, and 16:20 are the equivalent ratios of 4:5
Now, use the calculator to find the equivalent fractions of: