Multiplying Scientific Notation Calculator
Scientific notation is a method for expressing a given quantity as a number having significant digits necessary for a specified degree of accuracy, multiplied by 10 to the appropriate power. It is a form of presenting very large numbers or very small numbers in a simpler form.
What is Multiplying Scientific Notation Calculator?
'Multiplying Scientific Notation Calculator' is an online tool that helps to calculate the product of the given two scientific notations. Online Multiplying Scientific Notation Calculator helps you to calculate the product of the given two scientific notations in a few seconds.
How to Use Multiplying Scientific Notation Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two scientific notations in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Multiply" button to find the product of the given two scientific notations.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new numbers.
How to Multiply Two Scientific Notations?
A scientific notation is a form of writing a given number, an equation, or an expression in a form that follows certain rules. Writing a large number like 15.5 billion in its number form is not easy but also time-consuming and there are chances that we may write a few zeros less or more while writing in the number form. So, to represent very large or very small numbers concisely, we use scientific notation. The general form of scientific notation is:
a × 10b ; 1 ≤ a < 10
Where 'a' represent any number between 0 to 10 ( greater than 0 and lesser than 10) and 'b' is any number.
Please follow the below steps on how to find the product of two scientific notations:
- Step 1: Write the two scientific notations.
- Step 2: Multiply the coefficients of scientific notation i.e the value of a.
- Step 3: Now add the exponent powers.
Let us see an example to understand briefly.
Multiply two scientific notations 7.8 × 102 and 12.8 × 104
Given: Scientific notation1 = 7.8 × 102 and scientific notation2 = 12.8 × 104
= (7.8 × 102) × (12.8 × 104)
= (7.8 × 12.8) × (102 × 104)
= 99.84 × 106
Similarly, you can try the calculator to find the product of two given scientific notations:
- 6.24 × 105 and 5.235 × 102
- 1.04 × 105 and 0.458 × 104