Which shape has four congruent sides and two sets of parallel sides?
The congruent sides are the sides that are equal to each other and parallel sides are those sides which never intersect each other.
Answer: The Rhombus.
We will use the properties of a rhombus for getting the answer.
A rhombus, like all geometric shapes, has properties that are unique to it. These include:
- All four sides of a rhombus are equal.
- The opposite sides of a rhombus are parallel.
- The opposite angles of a rhombus are equal.
- Diagonals bisect each other at 90° or right angles.
- The sum of two adjacent angles is 180°.
- All rhombus are parallelograms, but all parallelograms are not rhombus.
- All rhombus are not squares, but all squares are rhombus.
Hence, the above properties of the rhombus include that it has all four sides congruent and opposite sides of a rhombus are parallel.
Thus, the Rhombus is a shape that has four congruent sides and two sets of parallel sides.