from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
3 Digit Number Addition Calculator
A '3 Digit Number Addition Calculator' is an online tool that adds numbers up to 3 digits.
What is a 3 Digit Number Addition Calculator?
This calculator helps you to calculate faster and gives you the sum of the numbers within a few seconds.
How to Use 3 the Digit Number Addition Calculator?
Follow these steps to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the two set of numbers to be added in the respective input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Add" to get the sum of the numbers entered.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter the new set of numbers.
How to Add 3 Digit Numbers?
3-digit numbers are added in the same way as the other numbers.
- Place the given set of numbers one below the other while arranging them into columns of their respective place values, like Ones, Tens, and Hundreds.
- After this, add the columns one by one starting from ones.
- If the sum of the digits in one's column is more than 9, for example, if it is 7 + 5 = 12, i.e., one ten and 2 ones. This one ten is carried over to the tens column and added along with the numbers under that column. This concept of carry over applies to all the columns - ones, tens, hundreds, and so on.
Let us go through the following example to understand this better.
Find the sum of 623 and 250
These three-digit numbers can be added by writing both the numbers one below the other in such a way that the place values are aligned and then we add them.
Therefore, the sum of 623 and 250 is 873
Now, try the calculator to find the sum of the following set of numbers:
- 286, 852
- 397, 431