from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Diameter Calculator is a free online tool which helps you to calculate the diameter of a circle with the help of the other dimensions.
What is a Diameter Calculator?
In Cuemath's diameter calculator, enter the values for the area, radius or circumference and get the length of the diameter within a few seconds.
Note: Enter up to 4 digits.
How to Use the Diameter Calculator?
Follow the steps mentioned below to find the diameter of a circle.
- Step 1: Select the option from the drop-down menu to enter the input value for the radius, area, or circumference.
- Step 2: Enter the value for the option that you chose in the first step and click on "Calculate" to find the diameter of the circle.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new value.
How to Calculate Diameter?
The diameter of a circle is a straight line joining a point from one end of the circle to a point on the other end of the circle, passing through the center. The size of the circle changes when the length of the diameter varies.The diameter of a circle can be calculated if the radius is known. The formula for the diameter of a circle when the radius is known is: Diameter = Radius × 2
The formula for the diameter of a circle when its circumference is known is: Diameter = Circumference / п
The formula for the diameter of a circle when the area is known is: Diameter = 2 × ⎷(Area of Circle / п)
We substitute the values in the given formulas to find the diameter. Let us learn more with the help of the following example.
If the Circumference of a circle is 14 inches, what is the length of its diameter?
Circumference = 14 inches; we know that: Diameter = Circumference / п
= (14/3.14) inches
= 4.459 inches
Now, try the calculator to find the diameter of a circle for the following dimensions:
- Find the diameter of a circle whose area is 16 unit2.
- Find the diameter of a circle whose radius is 8 units.
- Find the diameter of a circle whose circumference is 46 units.