The academic years of secondary education from 7-10th grade are crucial years in a student’s school life. These years lay the setting stones of academic excellence by focusing on primary and basic concepts of mathematics that are utilised in future careers in maths and science. Hence, if you are a parent of a student studying in class 7 or a student of 7 grade looking to clear their maths concepts and understanding of maths ncert, then you are at the right place. Scoring good marks in exams is every parent’s dream for their children and every kid wishes to make these dreams come true for their parents. This is where the 7 maths guide can help both the parents and the children.
Scoring good marks in class 7 requires following a schedule and using the right 7 maths guide for your end-term exams. Students have many options but need clarity in choosing the right guide. A deeper understanding of the concepts will enable students to solve complicated maths problems quickly. Therefore, read ahead to select the right 7 maths guide with a step-by-step guide to understanding Cuemath.
Chapters Included in 7 Maths Guide
Before choosing a 7 maths guide, one should know what major topics are covered in the maths guide for the class 7 curriculum. There are various chapters included in the 7 maths guide, including:
Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
- Properties of Rational Numbers
- Representing Rational Numbers on the Number Line
- Rational Number between Two Rational Numbers
Chapter 2: Linear Equations in One Variable
- Solving Equations with Linear Expressions on one hand side and Numbers on the other hand side
- Some Applications
- Equations with Variables on both the sides
- Some More Applications
- Reducing Equations to Simpler Form
- Equations Reducible to the Linear Form
Chapter 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Measuring Exterior Angles of a Polygon
- Kinds of Quadrilaterals
- Some Special Parallelograms
Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
- Constructing a Quadrilateral
- Some Special Cases
Chapter 5: Data Handling
- Organising Data
- Grouping Data
- Circle Graph or Pie Chart
- Chance and Probability
Chapter 6: Squares and Square Roots
- Properties of Square Numbers
- Some More Interesting Patterns
- Finding the Square of a Number
- Square Roots
- Square Roots of Decimals
- Estimating Square Root
Chapter 7: Cubes and Cube Roots
- Cubes Roots
Chapter 7: Comparing Quantities
- Recalling Ratios and Percentages
- Finding the Increase and Decrease Percent
- Finding Discounts
- Buying and Selling Prices (Profit and Loss)
- Sales Tax/Value Added Tax/Goods and Services Tax
- Compound Interest
- Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest
- Compounding Rates Annually or Half Yearly
- Applications of Compound Interest Formula
Chapter 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- What are Expressions?
- Terms, Factors and Coefficients
- Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials
- Like and Unlike Terms
- Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
- Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction
- Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial
- Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial
- Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial
- What is an Identity?
- Standard Identities
- Applying Identities
Chapter 10: Visualising Solid Shapes
- View of 3D-Shapes
- Mapping Space Around Us
- Faces, Edges and Vertices
Chapter 11: Mensuration
- Area of Trapezium
- Area of General Quadrilateral
- Area of Polygons
- Solid Shapes
- Surface Area of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
- The volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
- Volume and Capacity
Chapter 12: Exponents and Powers
- Powers with Negative Exponents
- Laws of Exponents
Chapter 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Direct Proportion
- Inverse Proportion
- Chapter 14: Factorisation
- What is Factorisation?
- Division of Algebraic Expressions
- Can you Find the Error?
Chapter 15: Introduction to Graphs
- Linear Graphs
- Some Applications
Chapter 16: Playing with Numbers
- Numbers in General Form
- Game with Numbers
- Letters for Digits
- Test of Divisibility
How can Cuemath Help in Understanding the 7 Maths Guide?
The 7-grade syllabus covers 16 chapters that are mentioned above. Cuemath can help students in understanding the 7 Maths Guide in the following ways:
Live Classes: Cuemath is an online math education platform that aims to transform how children learn math. It offers 1-on-1 live online math classes for students from KG to 12th-grade students.
Expert Tutors: Cuemath has a team of seasoned professionals who can help students understand the 7-grade math curriculum and guide them through the learning process.
7 Maths Guide: Cuemath offers a guidebook for 7 maths guide by R.D. Sharma, which covers the entire math curriculum (mentioned above), from rational numbers to playing with numbers.
Boosting confidence: Cuemath's online math classes are designed to teach, challenge, and enhance the confidence of math fanatics. The math tutors encourage students to learn the concepts using objects, pictures, and visual models.
Improving maths skills: Cuemath's online tuition classes help students tackle math problems and improve their mathematical skills. The tutors offer insight into students’ performance and create a personalised learning experience.
Resources: Cuemath offers a range of online resources, such as worksheets, puzzles, olympiads, tables, etc., that help students practise maths in fun and engaging way.
Online Classes: Cuemath's online math classes are backed by Capital G and are present in over 70+ countries. Thus, Cuemath is trustworthy and reliable when giving kids the best education possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is the best 7 standard maths guide?
The 7 maths guide authored by R.D. Sharma is the best maths guide for class 7. Students can get solutions for this 7 maths guide with Cuemath’s online courses.
Does the maths guide for class 7 cover the entire syllabus?
Yes, the 7 maths guide covers all the chapters in the 7-grade curriculum.
Does Cuemath offer solutions for the 7 maths guide?
Cuemath offers students a step-by-step understanding of 7 maths guide solutions, allowing them to understand better maths concepts to help budding mathematicians enhance their skills.
How do you sign up for 1-on-1 live classes?
Students or parents can sign up for 1-on-1 live classes with Cuemath’s seasoned tutors by getting Cuemath Plus, which helps students with test preparations and homework and comes with a dedicated relationship manager.