Is 509 a Prime Number?
Is 509 a prime number? A prime number is divisible only by 1 and itself, which means it has no other divisor except 1 and the number itself. On the contrary, composite numbers have more than two factors. To determine if 509 is a prime number or composite, we need to divide it with numbers from 1 to 509. To find out the answer to this question "is 509 is a prime number" and to gain a detailed understanding of "how and why is 509 a prime number?" Let's learn more.
- Is 509 a prime number? - Yes
- Is 509 a composite number? - No
- Is 509 a perfect square? - No
- Factors of 509 - 1, 509
- Prime Factors of 509 - 509
Is 509 a Prime Number?
Yes, 509 is a prime number. The number 509 is divisible only by 1 and the number itself. For a number to be classified as a prime number, it should have exactly two factors. Since 509 has exactly two factors, i.e. 1 and 509, it is a prime number.
How is 509 a Prime Number?
To understand whether 509 is prime or composite, it is important to find its factors.
Factors of 509: 1, 509
Therefore, we can say that 509 is a prime number since it has only 2 factors.
Is 509 a Composite Number?
No, since 509 has only two factors, i.e. 1 and 509. In other words, 509 is not a composite number because 509 doesn’t have more than 2 factors.
|Is 509 a Prime Number?||Yes|
|Is 509 a Composite Number?||No|
|Square Root of 509||22.561028|
|Cube Root of 509||7.984328|
|Multiples of 509||509, 1018, 1527, 2036, 2545, 3054, 3563, 4072, 4581, 5090|
|Is 509 a Perfect Square?||No|
|Is 509 a Perfect Cube?||No|
|Is 509 an Even Number?||No|
|Is 509 an Odd Number?||Yes|
- A pair of prime numbers X and Y are said to be twin prime numbers if the absolute difference between them is 2. Example - (41, 43) are twin prime numbers.
- A palindrome prime is a prime number that when read in reverse order results in the same number. Examples - 787, 373, 353
- Prime numbers greater than 5 can be represented in the form of either 6n + 1 or 6n - 1. Example - 89 is a prime number and it can be written as 89 = 6 × 15 - 1
☛ Also Check:
- Is 110 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 149 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 165 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 1111 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 667 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 193 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 577 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 161 a Prime Number? - No