How to Convert Decimal as a Fraction?
Question: How to convert decimal as a fraction?
The fractions are represented as a numerical value, can be defined as the parts of a whole.
Answer: The process to convert decimal as a fraction is given below.
The conversion of decimal to a fraction is a 3-step process.
- Step 1- Identify the place value of the digits after decimal, in the number.
- Step 2- Use that to determine what the denominator of the fraction would be.
- Step 3- Remove the decimal point. Re-write in the fraction form and simplify it.
- Step 4- Express in terms of the lowest Equivalent fraction.
Let's see how to convert 0.25 into fraction step-wise:
- Step 1: Count the numbers after the decimal point.
- Step 2: There are two digits after the decimal point. Hence, multiply and divide 0.25 by 100.
- Step 3: The decimal point is removed and expressed in terms of 25/100
- Step 4: 25/100 in it's lowest form is 1/4