Algebra Calculator is used to calculate the value of the unknown variable in a mathematical equation. Algebra is the oldest branch that was studied in mathematics. It deals with the study of mathematical symbols and their corresponding manipulation.
What is an Algebra Calculator?
Algebra Calculator is an online tool that helps find the solution to an equation that has known quantities and one unknown value. In real life, we use algebra almost for everything. For example, scheduling of day-to-day events. To use this algebra calculator, enter values in the input boxes given below.
*Use only 4 digits.
How to Use the Algebra Calculator?
Please follow the steps below to find the unknown value (x) in the equation using the online algebra calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath's online Algebra Calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the values in the input box of the Algebra Calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Solve" button to find the value of x.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the fields and enter new values of a,b,c.
How Algebra Calculator Works?
Algebra deals with solving an equation to find the unknown value by rearranging and simplifying it. The procedure followed to solve an algebraic equation is given below:
- First, we bring the unknown variable to the left-hand side (L.H.S) of the equation. Simultaneously, we shift all the known quantities to the right-hand side (R.H.S).
- Solve the R.H.S by performing the required arithmetic operations.
- Next, if the variable does not have any coefficient then the number on the R.H.S is its value.
- If the variable has a coefficient then we divide the R.H.S by this number to determine the final value.
Suppose the mathematical equation is of the form ax+b = c.
Here, x is the variable, a is the coefficient while b and c are the constant terms or the known quantities. By applying the aforementioned steps, the value of x is given as.
x = (c - b)/a
Solved Example on Algebra
Example 1: Find the value of x in the given equation: 5x + 8 = 3 and verify it using the algebra calculator.
Given: 5x + 8 = 3
5x = 3 - 8
5x = -5
x = -5/5 = -1
Thus, the value of x is -1.
Example 2: If a person has a total of 36 hours to complete his assignment, out of which he is sleeping for 9 hours. How many hours are left to complete the assignment?
Given : x + 9 = 36
x = 36 - 9 = 27
He has 27 hours to complete his assignment.
Similarly, you can try the algebra calculator to find the unknown values in the equation for the following:
- 5x + 18 = 3
- 2x + 7 = 3
☛ Math Calculators: