What is Percentile Calculator?
A 'Percentile Calculator' is an online tool which helps to find the percentile for the given value. Cuemath's 'Percentile Calculator' helps you to find the percentile within a few seconds.
How to Use Percentile Calculator?
Follow the given steps below to find the percentile value:
- Step 1: Enter the data in the given input box with a comma in between.
- Step 2: Select one of the data points and enter in the next box to find the percentile.
- Step 3: Click on "Calculate" to find the percentile value for the given data and click on "Reset" to enter a new value.
How to Find Percentile?
The following simple steps are helpful to find the percentile value.
- Arrange the given data in ascending order.
- Select the data for which we need to find the percentile.
- Find the ranking of the data, for which we need to find the percentile.
- Use the following formula to find the percentile value for the selected data.
- Percentile = Rank of the Data/Total Data × 100
- The obtained answer is the percentile value of the data.
Let us understand this with the help of the below solved example.
The marks of students of a class is 45, 98, 33, 57, 63, 82, 77, 72. Find the percentile value of the student with 77 marks.
The given data is as follows45, 98, 33, 57, 63, 82, 77, 72. Let us arrange this data in ascending order 33, 45, 57, 63, 72, 77, 98. The total marks are for 7 students and the marks of 77 is having the 6th rank. Hence applying this to the percentile formula we have. Percentile = Rank of the Data/Total Data × 100 = 6/7 × 100 = 0.857 × 100 = 85.7 percentile
Now, try the calculator to find the percentile value for the following data.
a) Find the percentile for 34, among the data 27, 33, 34, 45, 33, 26, 37.
b) Find the percentile value for 99, for the data points 81, 97, 93, 100, 101, 83, 81, 102, 99