from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Which of the following figures do not satisfy any of the following properties?
- All sides are equal.
- All angles are right angles.
- Opposite sides are parallel
We have to find the figure which does not satisfy the given properties.
Figure P represents a trapezium. A trapezium is a two-dimensional quadrilateral having a pair of parallel opposite sides.
Figure Q represents a square. A square is a two-dimensional plane figure with four equal sides.
There are only two diagonals of the square and they bisect each other at right angles.
Figure R represents a rectangle. A rectangle is a closed two-dimensional figure with four sides. The opposite sides of a rectangle are equal and parallel to each other.
Figure S represents a parallelogram. A parallelogram is defined as a quadrilateral in which both pairs of opposite sides are parallel and equal.
Therefore, figure P does not satisfy the given properties.
✦ Try This: A quadrilateral has three acute angles. If each measures 87°, then the measure of the fourth angle is
☛ Also Check: NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths
NCERT Exemplar Class 8 Maths Chapter 5 Problem 9
Which of the following figures do not satisfy any of the following properties? - All sides are equal. - All angles are right angles. - Opposite sides are parallel (a) P (b) Q (c) R (d) S
In figure P, all sides are not equal, all angles are not right angles and opposite sides are not parallel.
☛ Related Questions:
- Which of the following properties describe a trapezium? (a) A pair of opposite sides is parallel. (b . . . .
- Which of the following is a property of a parallelogram? (a) Opposite sides are parallel. (b) The di . . . .
- What is the maximum number of obtuse angles that a quadrilateral can have ? (a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4