A Quintillion is a large number in which number 10 is raised to the power of 18. The cardinal number of a quintillion is equal to 1018. A quintillion is represented as 1,000,000,000,000,000,000. The prefix "exa" is associated with quintillion. 10 exameters = 105.7 light years. Some examples of quintillion are,
- There are 1.7 quintillion water molecules in one drop of water.
- Our planet Earth has about 326 quintillion gallons of water.
|1.||Definition of Quintillion|
|2.||Place Value Chart Beyond Billion|
|3.||Solved Examples on Quintillion|
|4.||Practice Questions on Quintillion|
|5.||FAQs on Quintillion|
Definition of Quintillion
Quintillion is a cardinal number represented by 1 followed by 18 zeroes or just 10 raised to the power of 18 (1018).
1 Quintillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Place Value Chart Beyond Billion
We know that the place values start from ones, tens, hundreds and so on. The place value chart below shows where 'Quintillion' is placed.
Scientifically, a quintillion can be represented as 1 Quintillion = 1 × 1018
A quintillion can be expressed as a product of the following numbers.
- 1 million × 1 million × 1 million (or) 1,000,000 × 1,000,000 × 1,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (million million millions)
- 1 billion × 1 billions = 1,000,000,000 × 1,000,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (billion billions)
- 1 million × 1 trillion = 1,000,000 × 1,000,000,000, 000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (million trillions)
- 1 trillion × 1 million = 1,000,000,000, 000 × 1,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (trillion millions)
The prefix 'exa' can be added to make a quantity as "quintillion". For example.
- Exabytes means Quintillion bytes.
- Exameter means Quintillion meters.
Topics Related to Quintillion
Check out some interesting articles related to Quintillion.
Solved Examples on Quintillion
Example 1 : How many quintillions is 5,000,000 x 5,000,000 x 1,000,000?
The product of the given numbers is 25,000,000,000,000,000,000. We know that 1 quintillion is 1018 . Therefore, the given number is 25 quintillion.
The product of the given numbers is 25 quintillion.
Example 2: About 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is being generated daily. What is its equivalent in million bytes?
We know that 1 million is 106 and 1 quintillion is 1018. Therefore, there are a million million millions in a quintillion. Therefore, 2.5 quintillions = 2,500,000,000,000 millions.
FAQs on Quintillion
What is a Quintillion?
A quintillion is a large number, which is written as 1 followed by 18 zeroes or just 1 × 1018.
What Number Is a Quintillion?
A cardinal number equal to 1 followed by 18 zeroes or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 is the number of a quintillion.
What Does Trillion Mean in Math?
A trillion is a number which is written as 1 followed by 12 zeroes. 1,000,000,000,000.
How Many zeros are there in a Quintillion?
There are 18 zeroes in a quintillion.
How Many Millions are a Quintillion?
1 Quintillion = 1000,000,000,000 Million.