Inverse Function Calculator
Inverse Function Calculator calculates the inverse value for the given function. A function is defined as the correspondence from one value x of the first set to another value y of the second set.
What is Inverse Function Calculator?
Inverse Function Calculator is an online tool that helps to calculate the inverse value for the given function. This online inverse function calculator helps you to calculate the inverse value in a few seconds. To use this inverse function calculator, please enter the function in the given input box.
How to Use Inverse Function Calculator?
Please follow the steps below to find the inverse value using an online inverse function calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online inverse function calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the function in the given input box of the inverse function calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Solve" button to find the inverse value for the given function.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the field and enter a new function.
How Inverse Function Works?
The inverse of a function f is denoted by f-1 and
Please follow the below steps to find the inverse of a function y = f(x):
- Step 1: Interchange x and y.
- Step 2: Solve for y.
- Step 3: Replace y with f-1(x).
Let us understand this with the help of the following example.
Solved Example on Inverse Function
Find the inverse of the function y = f(x) = 4x - 9 and verify it using the inverse function calculator?
Given: Function y = f(x) = 4x - 9
To find the inverse of the function,
First interchange x and y, x = 4y - 9
And solve for y, y = (x + 9) / 4
Replace y with f -1(x) = (x + 9) / 4
Therefore, the inverse of the given function y = 4x - 9 is x + 9 / 4
Now, try the inverse function calculator and find the inverse for the given function:
- y = f(x) = 5x + 6
- y = f(x) =(x + 5) / (2x - 7)