Linear Function Calculator
A linear equation is defined as an equation that is written in one variable or two variables or so on. This equation will be a linear combination of the variable and a constant.
What is Linear Function Calculator?
'Linear Function Calculator' is an online tool that helps to find the graph for a given linear function. Online Linear Function Calculator helps you to find the graph for a given linear function in a few seconds.
How to Use Linear Function Calculator?
Please follow the steps below on how to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the linear function in the given input box.
- Step 2: Click on the "Compute" button to find the graph for a given linear function.
- Step 3: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the field and enter a new function.
How to Plot the Linear Function Graph?
A linear function is a function of the form f(x) = ax + b, a ≠ 0. Here, x is variable, a and b are constants.
Please follow the below steps to find the graph for a given linear function:
- Step1: Write the equation y = f(x) .
- Step2: Substitute any value for x in the given linear function and plot the graph.
Let's see an example to understand briefly.
Compute the graph for y = f(x) = 3x + 5
Given: y = f(x) = 3x + 5
For x = -2, y = -1
For x = -1, y = 2
For x = 0, y = 5
For x = 1, y = 8
For x = 2, y = 11
Plot these points on the graph.
Similarly, you can try the calculator to compute the graph for the following linear functions:
- y = 2x + 5
- y = 5x - 4