Percentage Growth Calculator
Cuemath's Online Percentage Growth Calculator is an online tool used to calculate the annual percentage growth rate of any quantity from a present value to a future value.
What is a Percentage Growth Calculator?
The calculator gets the present value, future value and the number of years and calculates the percentage growth rate within a few seconds.
How to Use the Percentage Growth Calculator?
Follow the steps shown below to use the calculator.
- Step 1: Enter the present value, future value, and the number of years in the input boxes.
- Step 2: Click on "Calculate" to find the percentage growth.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How to Find the Percentage Growth ?
The following formula helps in finding the percentage growth.
Percentage Growth = ((Future Value - Present Value)/Present Value) × (1/Number of years) × 100
Let us look at a solved example to understand more about percentage growth.
The production of wheat in the year 2020 is 300 units and is expected to be about 600 units in the year 2025. Find the percentage growth rate in production.
Present production of wheat (or) Present value = 300 units
Future expected production of wheat (or) Future value = 600 units
Number of years = 2025 - 2020 = 5 years
Percentage Growth Rate = (Future value - Present value)/Current value) × (1/Number of years) × 100
= ((600 - 300)/300) × (1/5) × 100
= (300/300) × (1/5) × 100
Therefore the percentage growth in production of wheat is 20%.
Now, try the calculator to find the percentage growth for the following values.
- Present value = 80 Future value = 150 Number of years = 2
- Present value = 100 Future value = 200 Number of years = 3