Ordered Pair Calculator
An ordered pair is in the form of ( x, y ) that describes a particular location in a coordinate plane where the first number represents the x-axis and the second represents the y-axis. The value of the x coordinate is always written first.
What is an Ordered Pair Calculator?
An 'Ordered Pair Calculator' is a free online tool that calculates the ordered pairs for a given equation. In this calculator, you can enter the equation and the ordered pairs will be calculated within a few seconds.
NOTE: Enter the values up to 2 digits and x value up to three digits.
How to Use Ordered Pair Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to use the calculator:
- Step 1: Enter the equation and the one coordinate of the ordered pair in the space provided (enter the unknown as x).
- Step 2: Click on the "Calculate" button to find the value of y with respect to x.
- Step 3: Click on "Reset" to clear the field and enter new values.
How to Find an Ordered Pair?
To calculate the ordered pair for any equation we replace one of the variables with any integer or a rational number and solve for the remaining variable. By this, we get values for both the variables that satisfy the given equation. Then both the resulting values of the variables are represented in the form of (x, y) and this representation is known as ordered pair.
For the given equation y = 4x + 5 if the value of x is 5 then what will be the value of y? Write the answer in the ordered pair form.
Given y = 4x + 5 ...........(1)
And x = 5
So, putting x = 5 in equation (1)
y = 4(5) + 5
y = 20 + 5
y = 25
Therefore the ordered pair for the equation is (5, 25)
Similarly, you can try the calculator and find the ordered pair for the following:
- For the given equation y = 2x + 4 if the value of x is 0 then what will be the value of y?
- For the given equation y = 9x + 5 if the value of x is 4 then what will be the value of y?