Is 289 a Prime Number?
Is 289 a prime number? A prime number is divisible only by 1 and itself, which means it has no other divisor except 1 and the number itself. On the contrary, composite numbers have more than two factors. To determine if 289 is a prime number or composite, we need to divide it with numbers from 1 to 289. To find out the answer to this question "is 289 is a prime number" and to gain a detailed understanding of "how and why is 289 a prime number or a composite number?" Let's learn more.
- Is 289 a prime number? - No
- Is 289 a composite number? - Yes
- Prime Factors of 289 - 17
- Factors of 289 - 1, 17, 289
- Is 289 a perfect square? - Yes
Is 289 a Prime Number?
No, 289 is not a prime number. The number 289 is divisible by 1, 17, 289. For a number to be classified as a prime number, it should have exactly two factors. Since 289 has more than two factors, i.e. 1, 17, 289, it is not a prime number.
Why is 289 not a Prime Number?
To understand whether 289 is prime or composite, it is important to find its factors.
Factors of 289: 1, 17, 289
Since 289 has more than 2 factors, we can say that 289 is not a prime number.
Is 289 a Composite Number?
Yes, since 289 has more than two factors i.e. 1, 17, 289. In other words, 289 is a composite number because 289 has more than 2 factors.
|Is 289 a Prime Number?||No|
|Is 289 a Composite Number?||Yes|
|Square Root of 289||17|
|Is 289 an Odd Number?||Yes|
|Is 289 a Perfect Cube?||No|
|Cube Root of 289||6.611477|
|Is 289 an Even Number?||No|
|Square of 289||83521|
|Multiples of 289||289, 578, 867, 1156, 1445, 1734, 2023, 2312, 2601, 2890|
|Is 289 a Perfect Square?||Yes|
- A pair of prime numbers X and Y are said to be twin prime numbers if the absolute difference between them is 2. Example - (311, 313) are twin prime numbers.
- 5 is the only prime number having the last digit as 5.
- Euler discovered a polynomial n2 + n + 41 that produces prime numbers for values of n that lie between 0 and 39 inclusive. It can generate 40 prime numbers for 0 <= n <= 39.
☛ Also Check:
- Is 73 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 289 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 123 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 37 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 109 a Prime Number? - Yes
- Is 104 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 551 a Prime Number? - No
- Is 697 a Prime Number? - No