from a handpicked tutor in LIVE 1-to-1 classes
Hex Calculator converts the hexadecimal number to a decimal number. A number system is a system of representing numbers, also called the system of numeration. It defines a set of values to represent a quantity.
What is Hex Calculator?
Hex Calculator is an online tool that helps to convert the hexadecimal number to a decimal number. This online hex calculator helps you to convert the hexadecimal number to a decimal number in a few seconds. To use this hex calculator, enter the hexadecimal value in the given input box.
How to Use Hex Calculator?
Please follow the steps below to convert the hexadecimal number to a decimal number using an online hex calculator:
- Step 1: Go to Cuemath’s online hex calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the hexadecimal value in the given input box of the hex calculator.
- Step 3: Click on the "Convert" button to convert the hexadecimal to a decimal number.
- Step 4: Click on the "Reset" button to clear the field and enter the new values.
How does Hex Calculator work?
The hexadecimal number system uses sixteen digits/alphabets: The digits 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, thus having a
base16. The hex to decimal formula helps in converting a number given in base 16 to base 10
Please follow the below steps to convert hexadecimal value to a decimal number:
- Step 1: The base of the number to be converted here is 16
- Step 2: Multiply each digit of the given number, starting from the rightmost digit, with the exponents of the base.
- Step 3: The exponents should start with 0 and increase by 1 every time as we move from right to left.
- Step 4: We just simplify each of the products and add them.
The formula to convert the hexadecimal to decimal number is given by
dn - 1 ...d3d2d1d0(hex) = dn - 1 × 16n - 1 + ... + d3 × 163 + d2 × 162 + d1 × 161 + d0 × 160(decimal)
The conversion table for the numbers from hexadecimal to decimal is given below:
Let us understand this with the help of the following example.
Solved Examples on Hex Calculator
Covert (5AD)16 into the decimal system and verify it using the hex calculator?
In Hexadecimal system,
5 = 5
A = 10
D = 13
Using hex to decimal formula,
(5AD)16 = ( 5 × 162 + 10 × 161 + 13 × 160 )
= 5 × 256 + 10 × 16 + 13× 1
Now, try the hex calculator and convert the hexadecimal to the decimal system for:
☛ Related Articles:
☛ Math Calculators: