Long Division Calculator
Long Division Calculator is a free online tool that divides one number by another using long division. When we divide a large number, to simplify the process we break it down into multiple steps. This is known as long division.
What is a Long Division Calculator?
Long division calculator helps to compute the quotient and remainder when we are given a divisor and dividend using the method of long division. Long division is advantageous as it helps to solve the division problem using a series of easier steps. To use the long division calculator, enter the values in the input boxes.
Long Division Calculator
Note: Enter numbers up to 6 digits for the dividend, and up to 2 digits for the divisor.
How to Use the Long Division Calculator?
Follow the steps given below to perform long division using the long division calculator:
- Step 1: Use Cuemath's online long division calculator.
- Step 2: Enter the dividend and the divisor in the respective input boxes.
- Step 3: Click on "Divide" to get the stepwise solution of the long division.
- Step 4: Click on "Reset" to clear the fields and enter the new values.
How Does Long Division Calculator Work?
- Dividend - The number that is being divided.
- Divisor - The number that is dividing the dividend.
- Quotient - The result we get after division.
- Remainder - Once further division cannot be performed, the leftover part of the number is known as the remainder.
Steps to perform long division are as follows:
- We take the first digit of the dividend. We compare this with the divisor.
- If the number is greater than the divisor then we divide it and write the answer on top. This becomes the quotient. Then we move to step 4.
- If the number is smaller than the divisor then we write zero in place of the quotient. We then include the next digit of the dividend and repeat steps 1, 2, and 3.
- The result obtained in step 2 is then subtracted from the dividend's digits (that were under consideration).
- If there is another number, this is brought down.
- We then repeat steps 1 through 5 till further division is not possible.
Solved Examples on Long Division
Example 1: Divide: 75 ÷ 4 and verify it using the online long division calculator.
The long division of 75 ÷ 4 can be done in the following way.
Therefore, on dividing 75 by 4, the Quotient = 18, Remainder = 3
Example 2: Divide: 735 ÷ 9 and verify it using the online long division calculator.
The long division of 735 ÷ 9 can be done in the following way.
Therefore, on dividing 735 by 9, the Quotient = 81, Remainder = 6
Now, you can try the long division calculator and solve the following:
- 304 ÷ 2
- 112 ÷ 8
- 657 ÷ 12
☛ Math Calculators: